Lippert Auto Level

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by dog bone, Mar 30, 2016.

1. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

We just bought a new Sanibel 38QB 5'ver with the Lippert Auto leveling System. I put the trailer on the site and hit the auto level, as per instructions. Everything seemed to work well. The next day, my DW wanted a towel rack in the bathroom, ok. I took my trusty level out and went to mark the holes and nothing looked right. I put the level on the floor and the trailer was out of level by 1/4 inch on 2 ft. I usually feel when the trailer is not level, but it feels fine to me.
    My question is can I/ should I hit the Auto Level again and see what happens? I have know literature about the system and can't find anything online about re leveling with the Lippert System.

2. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

It could be that your auto level on the Lippert wasn't correctly calibrated after installation or the floor of your RV isn't level within the frame of the trailer.

Here is a couple of links to using the Lippert system and troubleshooting.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This has nothing to do with the Lippert system, but in order to level our coach we almost always use the highly technical swinging door method. If the bathroom door and the closet doors don't swing open/closed, then we are level regardless of what the gauge says. How we "feel" is another important factor. Many times the gauge says level, but we don't feel that it is, so we hand adjust the system until it feels right to us. The level in my head has always seemed better than the mechanical one.

Onemoretrail likes this.
  4. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Hutch. The first video I saw, the second one I didn't. I didn't get a manual with the system, either. I did call the dealer and the tech said hit auto level again. On the walk through, they said with the slides in. Now this guy said with the slides out. Me and computers don't see eye to eye. I don't want to screw up this system, by doing something I'm not supposed to. Going up this weekend. I'll keep you updated.

5. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

We routinely hit AutoLevel with the slides extended on our Excel 5th wheel. No problem.

6. Sergent Major

Sergent Major
    Expand Collapse

My trailer has a Lippert 4 point system. I had to located and READ the manuals (yep, had to download some).. What I learned is that YOU need to first set what is level for the system (sorry, you will have to read about that). the auto Level is only going to level to what it was set for, I does not actually use a level.... it uses memory of what was set as being level... Make sense?

7. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys. I got it level, after looking at the video's. My son said, after you get it level you hit a button 10 times and sts it to memory. I don't know he did it. Just wanted thank you all for help.