Places to stay

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Electrictech, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Electrictech

Electrictech
    Expand Collapse

Hello

New to the RV world with newly purchased used 32 foot motorhome. We are planning our first trip to see our daughter in Phoenix and was wondering if anyone has suggestions where to stay along the way. We love nature and will be bringing our 18 foot boat.

Thanks
    Marc

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard. I'm sure there are a number of folks out there that would love to help you plan stays along your route. You tell us your destination but you also need to tell us where your trip will begin too. I expect you will be looking for pull thru sites so you will not have to unhook your boat trailer or does your boat piggy back on the roof of your rig?

Darrell

BankShot likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Now there's a sight I'd love to see. A 32' Class A with an 18' boat strapped up top............. :eek: Watch out for them overpasses, there could be a slight problem with clearances........... :D As BC Wanderer mentioned, it would help if we knew where your trip was starting from so those with knowledge of your route can respond to your request. Welcome to the forum and enjoy a great trip. Be sure to bring along your outdoor misters and lots of ice. Phoenix right now is experiencing some seriously high temps as I'm sure your daughter has already told you................

Travel safe, BankShot.................(aka Terry)

4. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

So I am guessing you are towing the boat, or towing a truck with the boat on top.
    There are many popular ways for your trip, I'm sure. I like Northern N.M. a lot. It is a very different place to visit. So If I am going to AZ, I come in from the North. There are two very good parks in Albuquerque, almost side by side on the same road, across the Interstate from Camping World.
    I really like Grants, N.M., an interesting town with a excellent camp ground you'll see in our reviews. So you'll enter AZ on the North in Holbrook. Again check the reviews for Holbrook, you'll see an older park a lot of folks like. Holbrook will give you two National Parks and Winslow is nearby where you can be seen..."Standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona".
    Don't laugh, they've taken a song lyric and made it an attraction.