Hello from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Banditoman60, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Banditoman60

Banditoman60
    Expand Collapse

Helloooooooooooooo ......

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Helloooooooooooooooo...... right back attcha :D

Banditoman60 likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hellooo, I'm from CT so I heard it quicker! :D

Mike

Banditoman60 and BankShot like this.
  4. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

OK, the hellos are done. Welcome to RVPR. Is that a Class "C" back in the trees? Where do you like to camp? What do you look for in a perfect stop? Do you tow?
    What do you hope to find on the Forum? We aim to please and can give you three different opinions on any subject.

Banditoman60 and mdcamping like this.
  5. Banditoman60

Banditoman60
    Expand Collapse

yes that is a Class C Winnebago Minnie-Winnie we bought last July mainly for cross country camping & sight seeing and some local camping in New England. we haven't gone too far yet as we both finished work for good just last week. we are planning on seeing Nova Scotia and PEI in late Summer for a month and the Blue Ridge Parkway for 6 weeks in the Fall. we had our Toad hooked up in the Spring (a little CRV) and plan on taking it with us on all long excursions

6. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Whoa, wait!! Maybe it is on your itinerary and you didn't mention it, but if you are going to the Maritimes you must visit the coast of New Brunswick, and the Bay of Fundy. Hopewell Rocks are not to be missed. Unless you've been there before, you'll be so mad if you miss it.

Banditoman60 likes this.
  7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

It's good to have a east coast member on the forum, we are seriously out of balance! :D

Still a few yrs for us before retirement but when we get there, west is were I want to have my wheels roll!

Congrats on your retirement and welcome aboard!

opps, forgot to mention, if you haven't already noticed, keep your expectations in check when camping in CT, you get a lot less for your camping dollar. :cool:

Mike

Banditoman60 likes this.
  8. Banditoman60

Banditoman60
    Expand Collapse

thanks .... yeah neither one of us has practically been west of the Mississippi having seen just about everything we wanna see on the east coast. that's a great country out there in the west and mid-west we can't wait to see and it's on next year's itinerary for sure. it's the great National Parks mainly that we wanna see and maybe take in a few ballparks along the way. happy camping ;)

9. Banditoman60

Banditoman60
    Expand Collapse

hey thanks, we'll certainly do that. we were up there 35 years ago on our honeymoon for one week and practically flew by everything touring the island. didn't really slow down to see much at all. this time around we're taking our sweet old time, however long it takes, relaxing and exploring all the good areas there is to see

10. Banditoman60

Banditoman60
    Expand Collapse

we were also at the Blue Ridge Parkway 3 years ago in the Fall via car for one week also. we didn't really see a whole lot (two days down, two days back) so we had about 4 days of sightseeing. we did however bump into and talked with a couple in an RV who had been taking their time slowly going down the Parkway for 5-6 weeks. that put us over the top to go out and buy a motorhome that we had always talked about but never pulled the trigger so ..... we pulled the trigger

we're doing the east coast trips first even though we've been there before to both get our feet wet before we head out west and to really SEE those two places in depth without flying by like we did the first time out. we're both on the same page with that even though I can't wait to see Badlands, Devils Tower and Mt Rushmore and the rest

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The one thing you will quickly learn about touring in the western states is that the distances are ginormous compared with the east. Even seeing the couple of things you mentioned will take several weeks if you spend a reasonable amount of time at each. Our favorites for the "most packed into one state" award goes to the "big 5" national parks in southern Utah: Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands and Capital Reef. Hopefully, you will have plenty of time and won't have to rush. We've loved our 5+ years on the road.

Banditoman60 likes this.
  12. Banditoman60

Banditoman60
    Expand Collapse

thank you for your input. I agree what you said on those western sites as told to us by my brother who has done most of them over the past 20 years. we plan on taking them in sections for 3-4 months at a time and will be picking people's brains like yourself and my bro and the ones you mentioned above definitely sounds like one of the ones we would love to see. thanks man :)