" Had To Share This "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jun 26, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

A few days ago a neighbor down the road stopped by and asked to see what the inside of our motorhome looked like as they were thinking about buying one and weren't sure of what type yet, so I obliged him. Showed him around and how the slide out operated and the auto-leveling system worked, a general quick run thru of how our home on wheels operated. Also gave him a few pro and cons of owning each type of RV. As he was sitting in the driver's seat he asked what the small TV screen was for so I explained that it was the rear view back up camera and rear monitoring screen while driving. He seemed a bit confused and then asked where the rear view mirror was. I explained that between the two large outside rear view mirrors and internal mounted rear view camera system that was built in, we didn't need a rear view mirror inside. He still seemed puzzled and got up and walked to the back of the coach to the bedroom area and told me that we didn't have rear view window, so how could we see what was in back of us without a window and a rear view mirror. It took a bit of additional explaining but after I turned on the camera system and showed him how it took the place of a internal rear view mirror that one would have in a car or truck, etc. it finally sunk in and he laughed and said that he now understood why I didn't need that additional mirror. Get ready, wait for it.................as he was exiting he turned around and told me that if they do buy an RV like ours he is still going to have an internal rear view mirror installed in his as an added safety precaution. I started to try once more to explain but decided to just let him go ahead and ask the dealer to install that mirror and leave any further explaining to him. I told my significant other what had gone down and she almost got tears in her eyes she laughed so hard. When I see him pull his new RV into his property I am going to make it a point to go over and ask him how he likes his new motorhome and how did the inside mirror work out for him...................... :rolleyes:

Let the good times roll, and roll and roll, BankShot........(aka Terry)

#1 BankShot, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    weighit likes this.
  2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

And think about the fact that that mental giant may well be driving a >30,000 pound vehicle at >60 mph! That's scary IMO!

3. Nineoaks

Nineoaks
    Expand Collapse

It takes some people awhile to get the idea, but then again some never do...Uauslly because they are so set in their ways that they are sure they are always correct.