"This One Takes The Cake"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jun 30, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

This actually just happened. So there I am, driving along on the interstate going to get the motorhome serviced and this guy pulls up alongside ,honks his horn and is pointing at the side of the coach and then giving me the thumbs up sign. He did this several times and I figured he was simply trying to tell me that he liked the coach, etc. However upon pulling off the freeway and entering the CW facility I noticed he had also pulled in and parked. Evidently he was also going to CW for something. Got out and started into the shop and he came up to me to tell me that he thought it was neat that I had my own official name put on the side to show that I was the guy in charge of my rig. I kinda-sorta didn't quite understand where he was coming from until he said he thought I should have put "Captain" on the side instead of "Admiral" as it was a Captain that usually was in command of the ship. I thought he was just joking but found out that he was actually serious, at least I think he was. He didn't own an RV himself but was just stopping to pick up something for a friend who did. Said he was thinking about buying one tho. I guess I never thought about someone thinking that the word Admiral meant me and not the model of the of the HR coach we own. And no, I didn't say anything other than to thank him for taking notice. Sometimes things are better off left unsaid................ :rolleyes:

You don't suppose he was just yanking my old chain a bit do you............???

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

2. Nineoaks

Nineoaks
    Expand Collapse

If he was Navy or EX Navy he could have been jerking your chain, Swabbies have been known to do that. If not he may have actually thought you were an Admiral...

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

So for those that have Keystone trailers, does he think they are silly cops from the silent movies?

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I think the guy was actually being serious as we did talk for a few minutes and I did mention that I was ex Navy but didn't say what rate or rank as after all it was clearly posted on the coach. Now that I think more about it I am a tad surprised he didn't flip me a quick salute as he had mentioned he was a BM3............... :D

Regards, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

#4 BankShot, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  5. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Well that explains everything, Black Shoe Navy, a "Boats". Naval Air would not have been confused. AK2