Griffs Valley View RV Park, Altoona IA

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jim MacIsaac, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jim MacIsaac

Jim MacIsaac
    Expand Collapse

A great park, however very rude staff. Had the pleasure of staying there about 5 years ago, our grandchildren are living nearby. As these parks are seasonable, and there is few choices in the area, always attempted to call months in advance. When returns calls were made at the date provided on the notification, were only informed "no space available". When asked what is the best time, only response was "no space available". When asked if I could get on a wait list, only response was "no space available". This has happened the last 4 years, takes me awhile to get the hint. Attempted to make this comment on the reviews site, but was rejected. Now we go to adventureland, won't waste my time with this park

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I hope you understand that your input was rejected because it wasn't actually a review of the park. The rule is that you must have stayed at a park to review it. I think about the only exception to that are reports of permanent closings.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

It is inappropriate to use this forum as a way of trying to post a review that circumvents the decisions of site administrators about specific reviews. It would be appreciated if you would remove your post.

4. openrange

openrange
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed here several times- the park is gorgeous but because few other campgrounds in area- nearly always full. Caters to monthly and seasonal campers who work at Altoona Racetrack Please try again- very nice park- we have always received good service.

5. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I could see that it would be full. On June 1st we drove through it to check it out since the wife's family lives in the area and plan to be there two months this fall. Was only two sites available.