Weights

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by P_digby, Aug 7, 2016.

1. P_digby

P_digby
    Expand Collapse

i have been a member of the local YMCA for the last 30 years and have lifted free weights 3 times a week during that time. When I go on the road next year for at least 3 months how do you find gym's to get lifting in? I am 61.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Check out the Anytime Fitness chain. I'm not sure what type of lifting equipment they have, but the main advantage is that they are located all over the US and the access to the gym really is anytime.

3. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Also "Snap Fitness" a second nationwide chain, not as glitzy as "Anytime Fitness", but very nice and fully equipped. Their website shows locations of 1,500 locations.
    I have used both because my retiree's insurance covers membership. I liked both chains and can usually find one or the other.

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Once you have Medicare coverage your supplemental or Advantage insurer may offer Silver Sneakers as a benefit. We have a Humana supplemental which offers this and it's great. You can join any of the >10,000 participating fitness centers in the US. What's really nice is that you can join more than one club, so you can join clubs in any areas where you expect to spend some time.