Noisy Nellie

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FosterImposters, Nov 16, 2015.

1. mikel

mikel
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure we always try to be considerate all hours of the day. But in all reality there is no perfect campground or "resort" especially at any beach town. Anyone stay at that RV park in Anaheim, CA, next to Disneyland? Fireworks are loud, get ready. On occasion we were the campground entertainment a few times, I'm sure of it. There were a few "son of a Bangs" and "son of a Booms" happening with my parking skills. Mostly from me trying to cram our previous 5th wheel into some narrow, tree covered hobbit hole.

2. Nineoaks

Nineoaks
    Expand Collapse

I think (at least I do) goes for different reasons, Some to party, some with /without kids, some for solitude etc. Noise does not bother me as long as quiet hours are used for the purpose intended. I do like my nights sleep.

3. Geppetto

Geppetto
    Expand Collapse

I suppose there is a difference between inconsiderate noisy behavior and the unavoidable noise of living. Some folks are rude and some are hypersensitive. As a general rule, and within limits, a person should be able to tolerate what his typical noise footprint is.
    Unless is trashy behavior, live and let live.
    If I can avoid it, control it or turn it down and be considerate I will gladly do it but I do not think I should indulge someone that expect to experience the idyllic harmony of nature in an RV park. Balance.

Fitzjohnfan likes this.
  4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Loved that one phrase!

5. Geppetto

Geppetto
    Expand Collapse

"an impact driver to lower their levelers"
    Don't those work on compressed air? Who travels with a noisy compressor?
    I use an electric drill, but would not after 9PM.
    Which bring to the subject of time, a noise that is acceptable at 2:00PM may not be acceptable from 10PM to 8AM. Arbitrary times for sure.