camping spots along hwy 97 in wash.&or

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Fun finders, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

just sitting here looking out the window watching the temps drop and planning our trip for next summer. I figured where to stay from Winnipeg,MB to Oosoyoos,BC but looking for suggestions where to stay along Hwy 97 thru Washington & Oregon. Any ideas?

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

There are a few state and county parks around Wenatchee, WA that may interest you. Lincoln Rock is one of my favourites. It is north of Wenatchee, while another state park called Wenatchee Confluence is in town. There is also a county park to the west of Wenatchee in Monitor.
    Further south on the Columbia River is Maryhill State Park on the Washington side.

3. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

In Oregon, I can give a couple suggestions. If you want to go without utilities I highly recommend Cottonwood Canyon State Park on the John Day River about 20 minutes off of Hwy 97. This is not very far south of the WA-OR border. I reviewed it last year. Further south, between Madras and Redmond is Cove Palisades State Park. It's on Lake Billy Chinook. If you are in to water sports it's great, but if you are in to quiet - not so much. The drive down into the canyon is breathtaking. Also, it has utilities. An hour south of Bend is La Pine State Park. We haven't stayed there yet but we have reservations there this summer. It also has utilities.
    Lastly, check out Diamond Lake. There is an RV Park (utilities) and a Forest Service campground (no utilities). The Forest Service CG is nice. From there you are very close to Crater Lake! Happy camping to you!
    RickB

4. Gnome de Plume

Gnome de Plume
    Expand Collapse