Glacier National Park - RV Park Recommendation

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Darin Kent, May 30, 2017.

1. Darin Kent

Darin Kent
    Expand Collapse

We are getting ready to set off for Glacier in about a month. We have reservations at ColumbiafallsRV Park but I noticed using google street view it appears to be very close to the highway. I was looking at Spruce Park on the River as another possible option. Both received very good reviews but I really don't want to be so close to the highway... If anyone has been to either one, could comment would be appreciative.

2. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

We've been to Spruce Park on the River a few years ago now. It's the only place we will stay in Kalispell. We checked on a few others when we were in there. Sites F4 to F10 are probably the best in my opinion,they back onto the river.

Darin Kent likes this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We stayed in the Columbia Falls RV Park in 2011 and loved it. We do not recall hearing any traffic noise (which some reviews mention) or trains (which are also mentioned). The biggest criticism about the park seems to be that the owners are strict about enforcing their rules, but we appreciated that they ran a quiet, safe park. Spruce Park on the River looks very nice also, but we have not stayed there. Columbia Falls gives you a little closer access to Glacier, but Spruce looks like it has the better scenery, so I guess it boils down to what is more important to you.

Darin Kent likes this.
  4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

We booked in to Spruce Park on the river several years ago, got to our site and then promptly left straight away. Too many run down permanents and I wasn't happy with the condition of the park, my wife even less so. On that occasion we drove down to Polson and stayed at the KOA - which is really nice but also a long trek back to GNP. On another occasion we camped at a Mountain Meadows RV Park in Hungry Horse, a few miles east of Columbia Falls and closer to the west entrance of GNP. I preferred this over Spruce Park.

Darin Kent likes this.
  5. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Columbia Falls a few years ago and I don't remember much street noise.