"How can it be T Day again?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Nov 9, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

One week from today and it's............... "Happy Turkey Day To All". We're heading north to Washington state to be with family and one big turkey with all the trimmings. Hope everyone at RVRP enjoys a most wonderful Thanksgiving and if you be traveling in the old RV, which of course we will be, travel safely and as I always say, watch out for all the crazies out there that aren't watching out for us................... :eek:

BankShot.................(aka Terry)

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Enjoy your turkey and family visit, Terry. Stay safe on the roads as well. Rain and snow in Washington state are not unheard of this time of year.

There is a reason Canadians have an early T day. Snow. That's what I see outside my window right now and why the rig is parked for the winter.:)

3. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

BankShot, I think you're "pulling the trigger" a week early on Thanksgiving. LOOK OUT TOMMY TURKEY!!!, you're being hunted out of season!

BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

When Thanksgiving gets here in TWO weeks, we'll be down to 6 weeks before we point the coach south after Christmas with the kids and don't stop until we see alligators and manatees! :)

Rollin Ollens and BankShot like this.
  5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Yes I noted my error but unfortunately it was past the "edit time allowed" so I was not able to make the change. I think I must have had my mind focused on that beautiful oven browned bird making it's way to the table and me being first in line to grab all the best parts. It just seemed like it should only be one week away and not two. I knew someone would jump in and make the correction so thanks to NYDutch for doing so....................

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

#5 BankShot, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    NYDutch likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

As I mentioned above I got trigger happy it seems and let my appetite over rule my sense of time. But not to fear, you and Dutch caught me red handed and I stand corrected and am now waiting an extra week to pull the trigger............. :(

Bankshot................(aka Terry)

RickB and NYDutch like this.
  7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

In a week and a half, we get the motorhome out of winterization and take it to Oklahoma city to visit relatives for the week. We'll stop at a couple of national monuments along the way.

Hope the weather holds, but we're prepared either way.

Chris G.
    Westminster CO
    F3508s

8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I must be in your neck of the woods then. Just drove the Okanagan Connector. White out, snow packed, icy roads from Merritt to Kelowna. Glad we are Jeepin and left the Coach in Victoria. Hoteling for the next 12 days.

B S (Terry) and the rest of you 'mericans, enjoy your turkey and stay safe.

Darrell

FosterImposters and BankShot like this.
  9. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yes, in the south Okanagan. The snowflakes were the size of silver dollars. It's now raining this evening and in a few days the snow will be gone in the valley (I hope).