Changes To Website Review Approvals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the three review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted three or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

2. JimK

JimK
    Expand Collapse

A few days ago I submitted a park review and about 30 minutes later my wife reminded me that I forgot to mention a significant item. I sent an e-mail asking that the review not be posted and that I'd rewrite it. When I submitted the revision, it was rejected saying I couldn't submit another review of the same park for 90 days. Now I'm confused....... several months ago you published the only other park review I've written. With the "five park minimun before publication" described above, is my original still in the queue? How do I resubmit?

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Webmaster> I wouldn't normally use the forum reply to address this issue, but the site isn't working correctly for me - to include sending a bug report via email. First problem is that I can't review a campground. Even tho logged in, when I put the state/region in and click next, the page returns to ID/login. Second problem is when I tried to email a bug report the validation code error keeps popping up even tho I placed the correct code in the box.

Am I not logged in as I think or doing something incorrect?

RLM
    r.miller@earthlinknet

Rjjjbrown likes this.
  4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

The first thing I would check is whether or not you have "cookies" enabled.

5. Escalade

Escalade
    Expand Collapse

I agree that a person should review 5 campgrounds before information is posted.

Snyders Campground and Medic73 like this.
  6. TheGrovesFamilyDotOrg

TheGrovesFamilyDotOrg
    Expand Collapse

I just signed up to be a member, reviewed my first campground and am replying to my first post.....I would be quite sad if I had to wait til my 5th review to get posted. I have enjoyed reading these reviews and have relied on the information given to choose a place to stay!

P Ardis likes this.
  7. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

How does one get rv park reviews amended? I made an error in one for Big Sur, California. That was over three months ago. When I tried to amend it the 90 day rule came up saying I couldn't review that park again for 90 days. This month I tried to email the administrator about the error, but no answer. Guess he is busy or hopefully out doing some serious camping. Also how about locations for parks? RV park reviews have Fort Nelson under both British Columbia and the Yukon. It is in British Columbia. Also I wrote one campground review for a place called Eagle Plains that ended up under Whitehorse. I honestly don't remember if it was my error or someone elses, but again I hope it can be corrected. :unsure:

8. The Prices

The Prices
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am new at this. I am uncertain as to how to write a review. I tried to follow steps but after getting right campground identified nothing happened. I found a form but am unsure if I print it off and fill it in and mail it??? (Which doesn't sound right). Anyway, is there a step by step guide to how to do this process? Thank you. :eek:

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If you will click on "Submit Review" on the menu bar it will take you to a login screen. After you have entered your user name and password it will take you to step 2. The steps 1-5 are listed at the top of the page along with instructions for each step. After you complete each step there is a "Next" button at the bottom of the page. If you have filled out the page correctly it will take you to the next step. Step 4 is the hardest. If you leave anything out and then click next you will be redirected BACK to the form. If everything is filled out correctly you will get a Thank You screen. You must get this screen or your review has not been accepted. When you have submitted 3 reviews all of them and any future reviews will be posted. Just be careful filling in the info and ask again if you still have problems. I'm writing this from memory so I hope I didn't leave out anything. Just look for the instructions on each page. Good luck.

10. ddbradley952

ddbradley952
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Dec 1 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]5551[/snapback]

The first thing I would check is whether or not you have "cookies" enabled.

Re: Cheryl response; Did you say something about cookies? I love cookies!

[attachmentid=58]

11. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I have the best chocolate chip recipe (so I've been told).

12. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

I love cookies !!! Especially the ones with chocolate in them.

13. ldr1992

ldr1992
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(thegrovesfamily.org @ Jul 20 2007, 12:53 AM) [snapback]7733[/snapback]

I just signed up to be a member, reviewed my first campground and am replying to my first post.....I would be quite sad if I had to wait til my 5th review to get posted. I have enjoyed reading these reviews and have relied on the information given to choose a place to stay!

[SIZE=10pt]I'm in the same situation-we don't camp often enough-(we're new to the travel trailer camping after doing pop-up for 15 years) or at a variety of places due to our jobs...but I think my opinion on one campground we did stay at is just as valuable as the next persons. I haven't stayed at too many campgrounds this summer--but I'll be happy to review the others as well. I just wanted to share in my disappointment at a "5 review" rule....versus a "3 review"--which in my opinion is more do-able. [/SIZE]

P Ardis likes this.
  14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

ldr1992,

The post you replied to is over a year old. The rule has been changed for quite some time now. You only have to do 3 reviews before they are all posted.

15. chuckl

chuckl
    Expand Collapse

texasrvrs one thing I didn't see was how do you edit a post to add something. I made a post and forgot to add that it was not big rig friendly and see no way to do that except wait 3 months and do a new post on a campground we will not go back to

16. ldr1992

ldr1992
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 26 2008, 12:32 AM) [snapback]12939[/snapback]

ldr1992,

The post you replied to is over a year old. The rule has been changed for quite some time now. You only have to do 3 reviews before they are all posted.

I realized that after I saw the updated thread in another section. Sorry.

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Chuckl @ Aug 26 2008, 05:51 AM) [snapback]12940[/snapback]

texasrvrs one thing I didn't see was how do you edit a post to add something. I made a post and forgot to add that it was not big rig friendly and see no way to do that except wait 3 months and do a new post on a campground we will not go back to

As far as I know there is no way to correct/change a posted review. I suppose if it is a really big mistake you could email the webmaster with the information and ask him to make the correction. (I assume he can.) But I also know he is very busy just maintaining the website and unless it is really important he may not take the time to fix it. OR when the review posts you could write a correction in the "RV Park Discussion" forum. OR as you mentioned above you could wait and make the correction in a new review stating that it is a correction or followup to the first one.

FYI you can edit your posts in the Forum. There is an "EDIT" button at the bottom of each post which allows you to make changes. You have to be logged in and the button is only visible on your own posts. In other words you can't mess with someone else's post.

Sorry about the review, but I don't know of anything else you can do..

18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

ldr,

No problem. I'm glad it is all straightened out and that you'll be posting reviews soon.

Also when I re-read my other reply I thought it sounded a little abrupt and rude. I didn't mean it to be. I think I was just tired and cranky when I wrote it. That 3 or 5 rule comes up all the time, and we old timers (ahem, veteran posters) tend forget that new members don't realize what has gone on before and what the rules are now.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the website.

19. Mejor4Nada

Mejor4Nada
    Expand Collapse

Reading this thread of posts tells me I am not the ony person having problems. I like using the site when planning trips and would like to contribute; it goes without saying that more posts should give us better information. I tried to post during the summer of 2007 when we stayed in five campgrounds. At the time, I thought there was a three review rule and I am pretty sure that I posted at least three reviews; none have been posted. Next month I am going on an extended trip across the country and have been reviewing the site for campgrounds. I would like to post reviews for the 8 or 9 places we will be staying; however, like most of you, I take time writing my reviews so they will be more useful. I really don't want to spend the time writing a review that is not going to be posted.

20. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Mejor4Nada,

The admins try to be very responsive here. Perhaps one of them will see this post and try to give you some "one on one" help. No system is perfect--but there have been 57,000 or so reviews posted.

I try to write my comments in advance and then just cut and paste them while reviewing a campground.

Good luck and welcome to rv park reviews.

QUOTE(Mejor4Nada @ Sep 5 2008, 09:07 PM) [snapback]13087[/snapback]

Reading this thread of posts tells me I am not the ony person having problems. I like using the site when planning trips and would like to contribute; it goes without saying that more posts should give us better information. I tried to post during the summer of 2007 when we stayed in five campgrounds. At the time, I thought there was a three review rule and I am pretty sure that I posted at least three reviews; none have been posted. Next month I am going on an extended trip across the country and have been reviewing the site for campgrounds. I would like to post reviews for the 8 or 9 places we will be staying; however, like most of you, I take time writing my reviews so they will be more useful. I really don't want to spend the time writing a review that is not going to be posted.