Changes To Website Review Approvals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Bandit23

Bandit23
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Feb 12 2012, 08:46 PM) [snapback]28768[/snapback]

Bandit23,

Did you ever find your reviews?????

Not all of them, but then I'm having trouble remembering all the campgrounds I did a review on. I did find one of my reviews and clicked on the "12 reviews" and saw all my reviews that were there there. I know I did one for a campground near Cincinnati but can't find it. Oh well. I'll be doing a lot more reviews in the near future as we are going fulltime in August.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Bandit23 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:14 PM) [snapback]28779[/snapback]

Not all of them, but then I'm having trouble remembering all the campgrounds I did a review on. I did find one of my reviews and clicked on the "12 reviews" and saw all my reviews that were there there.

As of right now the only ones we have (under your username) are the 12 I listed previously. Since you say that you have seen them, I'm not sure which ones you are still looking for.

I know I did one for a campground near Cincinnati but can't find it.

If you know you did one that you can't find, it is possible that it was not accepted for some reason.

Oh well. I'll be doing a lot more reviews in the near future as we are going fulltime in August.

That will be great. We'll look forward to getting them.

3. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Bandit23,

Is it possible that the campground near Cincinnati that you cannot find is the Cedarbrook Campground in Lebanon, OH that is on among your 12 reviewed campgrounds listed on this site? This campground is only about 20 miles from Cincinnati.

4. shelbourne

shelbourne
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]4534[/snapback]

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

Gosh, we have stayed at the same campground for 5 months and feel that gives us more than an adequate time span for an honest review. If we had to wait for 3, that would take over three years and would not give the folks looking for a great RV resort not warning enough to stay away from the nasty ones. I feel my review of the "Palms" in Yuma was honest, I had enough history to report honestly (not like ones who have stayed 1 night or 2). We got to know the politics, the goals, the history and the personality of the owners. People have a right to know what it is like.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(shelbourne @ Mar 8 2012, 10:15 PM) [snapback]28989[/snapback]

Gosh, we have stayed at the same campground for 5 months and feel that gives us more than an adequate time span for an honest review. If we had to wait for 3, that would take over three years and would not give the folks looking for a great RV resort not warning enough to stay away from the nasty ones. I feel my review of the "Palms" in Yuma was honest, I had enough history to report honestly (not like ones who have stayed 1 night or 2). We got to know the politics, the goals, the history and the personality of the owners. People have a right to know what it is like.

You have three reviews posted and the Palms is included, so I am not sure why you are upset.

6. US Travelers

US Travelers
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]4534[/snapback]

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. :) We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

I think it is a great idea to have these extra steps placed into this site to help all of us have the most reliable reviews. Thank you.

7. Danzilla

Danzilla
    Expand Collapse

I posted 2 reviews almost 5 days ago and they have yet to appear. I understand the 3 review rule but I have posted reviews before. Do those not count? Typing reviews is something I do to help other campers because I look on here for reviews and always find them helpful. I have always enjoyed this site, but I do wish you would get an app like many other sites. If you aren't going to get an app, at least make it more "mobile" friendly. I use this site not only for reviews but also to locate campgrounds.

8. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Danzilla @ Apr 25 2014, 10:17 AM) [snapback]36328[/snapback]

I posted 2 reviews almost 5 days ago and they have yet to appear. I understand the 3 review rule but I have posted reviews before. Do those not count? Typing reviews is something I do to help other campers because I look on here for reviews and always find them helpful. I have always enjoyed this site, but I do wish you would get an app like many other sites. If you aren't going to get an app, at least make it more "mobile" friendly. I use this site not only for reviews but also to locate campgrounds.

Free site - unpaid volunteers that wade through all the reviews. They will get to them.

Look at the bottom of each page - there is a link called "Lo-Fi version"

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Danzilla @ Apr 25 2014, 09:17 AM) [snapback]36328[/snapback]

We do not require members to meet the 3 review rule over and over. Once you have submitted your 3 reviews, all others are then posted (if they meet our guidelines for posting). However, we are getting into our busiest time of year. We currently have 272 reviews waiting to be checked, so it is taking several days to get reviews posted. The good news is that your two reviews are near the top of the queue and should be checked soon.

The even better news is that we are working on an app for the site, and it should be ready soon.

10. Danzilla

Danzilla
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 25 2014, 10:33 AM) [snapback]36337[/snapback]

We do not require members to meet the 3 review rule over and over. Once you have submitted your 3 reviews, all others are then posted (if they meet our guidelines for posting). However, we are getting into our busiest time of year. We currently have 272 reviews waiting to be checked, so it is taking several days to get reviews posted. The good news is that your two reviews are near the top of the queue and should be checked soon.

The even better news is that we are working on an app for the site, and it should be ready soon.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to the app. As far as things being done by volunteers, I understand completely. As a former volunteer rescues/fire member and a volunteer with scouts and several other organzations I understand the value of the time given by volunteers.

11. revconguy

revconguy
    Expand Collapse

Is this website legit? I've posted multiple reviews and they never show up.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Revconguy @ May 29 2014, 11:26 AM) [snapback]36740[/snapback]

Is this website legit? I've posted multiple reviews and they never show up.

Yes, this is a legit website. We have (plus or minus) 64,425 members who have made 35,420 posts and contributed 209,455 reviews.

You also need to revisit your claim that none of your multiple reviews has ever been posted. To date we have received 3 reviews from you, the most recent being May 2014; the other two were from 2013. Two are posted. The third one was deferred because you did not go to the park and gave no information about the accommodations or services provided. It is possible you submitted other reviews that we did not get, but this is all we have right now.

13. revconguy

revconguy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 29 2014, 06:12 PM) [snapback]36747[/snapback]

Yes, this is a legit website. We have (plus or minus) 64,425 members who have made 35,420 posts and contributed 209,455 reviews.

You also need to revisit your claim that none of your multiple reviews has ever been posted. To date we have received 3 reviews from you, the most recent being May 2014; the other two were from 2013. Two are posted. The third one was deferred because you did not go to the park and gave no information about the accommodations or services provided. It is possible you submitted other reviews that we did not get, but this is all we have right now.

Sorry, you are incorrect. I have stayed the park I reviewed several times. Overall, my review of the park was negative and I assume that is why it was ignored.

There are at least 2 additional reviews that you did not post. They were favorable so I don't understand why they weren't posted.

14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Revconguy @ May 30 2014, 11:49 AM) [snapback]36758[/snapback]

Sorry, you are incorrect. I have stayed the park I reviewed several times. Overall, my review of the park was negative and I assume that is why it was ignored.

There are at least 2 additional reviews that you did not post. They were favorable so I don't understand why they weren't posted.

If you will send me the name of the park that you gave a negative review to and the names of the 2 that have not yet appeared, I will be glad to research them and see if we can find out what happened. If you do not want to put this info in the public forum, you can send me a personal message by clicking on my username.

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Revconguy @ May 30 2014, 11:49 AM) [snapback]36758[/snapback]

First, I see that you have resubmitted the review for the park that we thought you might not have stayed at, and it has now been posted. Let me emphasize that it was not deferred because it contained negative comments. It was deferred because it sounded as if you had not been to the park and because it did not contain the kind of useful information that RVers want to see in reviews. Your resubmitted review did a much better job of providing information about the park, and therefore, it was acceptable for posting.

Also, I have done a lot of research trying to find the 2 additional reviews you say were not posted, and I have finally determined what happened to them. Your first review was submitted in 2008. Our guidelines required that reviewers must send in 3 reviews for different parks before any of them was posted. Apparently you never sent in 2 other reviews back then, so your first review was kept in our holding queue awaiting your other reviews.

Then in 2012 our webmaster decided to purge the really old reviews in the holding queue, and your review was in the group that was deleted.

In the summer of 2013 you submitted 2 more reviews, but one was deferred and because you again did not submit another review or resubmit the deferred review, the second of these 2 reviews was again kept in the holding queue.

Now it appears that you have recently submitted more reviews which pulled the 2013 review out of the hold queue, but now unfortunately the review is past our 6 month cut off date for posting reviews so it was discarded.

So to summarize, your first two reviews were not posted because their dates of stay were older than 6 months, but your 3 most recent reviews are posted. I hope that this settles any concerns you had and that you will continue to contribute reviews in the future.

16. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Wow. It appears that you did a lot of research detective. Well done!

I must say that when I first started using this site I felt the three post rule was a bit overboard but since I had intentions of visiting many different parks, it was not a serious concern.

Having been a regular user for a number of years now I think I have spotted a number of anomalies that appear as if the posters were park owners or were paid to add a great review. I'm sure you and your team have vetted out many more. I want to thank you all for the service you are providing to help those of us using the site to make choosing our destinations a little more pleasant.

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yeah, things like that bother me. I want to believe what members say, but when our records indicate otherwise, I really do want to figure out why. In this case, since those two reviews were deleted, it took some time to find out what happened to them.

And yes, there are some measures in place to catch fraudulent reviews whether they are from an owner or a member. The shame is that we have to have them in the first place because there are dishonest people out there.

So, thanks for your support!

#57 Texasrvers, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  18. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

I posted a review of Mother Neff State Park near Moody, Texas a week ago. It is still not showing for the park. My review was either not approved or lost in cyberspace. I have posted more than 3 reviews.

Should I try posting another review?

19. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We show no reviews submitted by you other than those submitted in 2013. Possibly you exited the system before you review actually posted. We're sorry for the inconvenience; please try submitting it again.

20. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

I just re-posted review of Mother Neff. Not sure it went through after hitting submit. Same as last time. Using Firefox browser on Windows 7 OS. Let me know it it shows for review, if not something is wrong... Also, the facilities have changed for Mother Neff. They have an additional new loop with 20 full hook-up sites (water, 50/30/20 electric and sewer).