Site with river view VA, WV, NC, SC, GA

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by hopefulone, May 1, 2018.

1. hopefulone

hopefulone
    Expand Collapse

Preferably with electric and water+ but it’s difficult to tell on most of the websites which campgrounds have sites on the water with unobstructed river views. Prefer sites that are spacious-

Any personal experiences.

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We are sorry. We do not have any personal experience in your neck of the woods (It is on our bucket list though).

It doesn't look like there are a lot of folks out there that have been to where you want to go so I can only offer a suggestion and hope it helps you. Try viewing the parks that look like they may fit your need using Google Earth. There are a number of parks that have been pictured allowing "Street View" to work. That will allow you to do a "Drive Through" with our being there.

Good luck

Darrell & Jerry

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

We've visited both private and state parks in all of the states you listed, but off hand, the only one that I know of that has a few sites with a river view is Crooked River State Park near St Marys, GA. Note that reservations there guarantee a site, but not a specific site. They're just completing renovations of the sites, updating most of them to 20/30/50 amp electric, water, and sewers. The oldest bathroom/shower unit was also torn down and replaced.

On edit: It just occurred to me that Edisto Beach State Park in SC has a river loop, although we haven't stayed on that side. I'm not sure how much of a view there is from the sites though.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We've been to all those states (although WV was just a pass through) but we did not stay on any rivers. I think you would get more replies if your question was narrowed a bit. This is an awfully big area you are asking about. Are there any specific areas or towns that you want to go to?

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Mountain Steam in Maron, NC. I agree about narrowing the question. 5 states, all with rivers, is a wide area.

6. ricks99

ricks99
    Expand Collapse

Newseway Park (Kinston, NC) has sites along the Neuse River.

7. hopefulone

hopefulone
    Expand Collapse

That looks great, Thanks so much!