Replacing furniture for power naps (recliner)

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by kate_wanderer, Mar 18, 2020.

1. kate_wanderer

kate_wanderer
    Expand Collapse

Don't like the couch - too big and and uncomfortable, and my back is not that great nowadays - so I'd like to install a recliner instead.
    I have a C class 2017 Four winds motorhome. So anything compact and easy to install is preferred (also durable, as I'm trimming my doggo's claws but they're still sharp). Any recommendations?

The other thread I found was quite old https://www.campgroundreviews.com/forum/threads/new-seats.6077/ + the OP has A class RV, that's why I decided to start a new one instead.

upd: re-read the thread above and oops, wrong link - they were talking about chairs mostly. The relevant one is lost in my browser's history.
    Still, I'm in need of advice, so any help appreciated.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi kate_wanderer. I am the OP of the thread you mentioned above and to add to what you are mentioning here, we have also been looking at replacing the one piece loveseat in our coach and have checked out replacing it with either two separate recliners or one single dual reclining loveseat. We have seen a few of both that we like but just haven't decided which way to go yet. Personally I like the two separate recliners but my co-pilot likes the single loveseat so we are at odds currently over which way to go. Two separate recliners will involve doing some floor work whereas just replacing the loveseat will not as it will fit almost exactly in the space for it. It is for sure a personal thing also. Check out several places that sell RV furniture before you do buy a new couch. You should have no problems finding what you want and hopefully in a covering that will also "defend itself" against your dog's claws. I am not aware of one that will but there may be one out there. Fabrics tear and rip and leathers and vinyls get scratched and torn also so good luck with that............

Safe travels, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#2 BankShot, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    kate_wanderer and Paythebill like this.
  3. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I am willing to wager a glass of wine, Bankshot's co-pilot will win this decision.....:D

BankShot likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't count me out just yet Ron. I have my ways of winning once in a while. I drink Two Buck Chuck or Meadow Vista Red so get out your wallet (I do not take credit cards) and be ready to shell out either $2 or $1.79 for the big plastic milk jug that MV Red comes in. Complete with two deluxe flex straws also for free by the way................:p

Be healthy and safe, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Game on!!!!!!!:)

6. kate_wanderer

kate_wanderer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your reply, Terry! And for your updates.
    Still, after some considerations I decided that I'm not afraid of floor work, as I wanted to change the flooring this year anyway. However, you gave me some food for thoughts. Certainly it would be great to kill two birds with one stone, but what I like about separate recliners is that they'd be easier to fix/replace, at least in my opinion. Also I'd like to place a small table between them, nothing fancy but this extra place is needed.

If that's OK to ask, I'd like to know are there any particular brands I should pay attention to? Just in case, I'm 5'7".
    So many options...

As for "dog proof" coverage, I already found that the best options are leather and/or microfiber (not an ultimate solution, but at least it's cheaper).

Paythebill likes this.
  7. kate_wanderer

kate_wanderer
    Expand Collapse

Well, did my research, so now I've narrowed down my options to RecPro as most sources recommended them (different models on top Nash and Charles, plus I've read some nice things about these recliners on other forums as well) and Thomas Payne Oxford. Love the design.
    Still I'm not sure whether it would be comfortable to fit a pair of non wall-huggers to my vehicle. At least 11" from base to wall required. Guess I'm going shopping next weekend to test them IRL if everything would be OK. With current situation I started to worry that going shopping is not a great idea. But ordering w/o trying them first... sheesh.

Paythebill likes this.
  8. Violett

Violett
    Expand Collapse

I don't like chairs. There's not much room. I like the free space. Can you replace the sofa with a more comfortable one for you?

9. jamesph

jamesph
    Expand Collapse

I recommend the Homall recliner chair. Love it, super comfortable, very easy assembly. The reclining mechanisms are very solid and have no issues.

Violett likes this.
  10. Violett

Violett
    Expand Collapse

Probably you are right. Modern furniture sometimes surprises with its parameters.

jamesph likes this.
  11. jamesph

jamesph
    Expand Collapse

I really enjoyed that chair, could easily fall asleep on it.

12. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Well said, and welcome to the forum. An afternoon siesta is high on my ladder of things to do during the day also..............:D

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  13. daltonbourne

daltonbourne
    Expand Collapse
    Traveling

I removed the small dinette from our small slide out and was looking for small, light chairs for the space. I have found an RV recliner to replace. That is the RecPro Charles RV Euro Chair Recliner. These fit very well and are plenty comfortable. This is far better than the original dinette. There is room for 2 chairs with a small table in between. They stay put when traveling, with no tie-downs needed. I gave five stars for the above reasons. I will update after I have used them for a while. It is the ideal solution for me.

14. daltonbourne

daltonbourne
    Expand Collapse
    Traveling

But the positives don’t stop there as you should also note that this model doesn’t cost much when compared to other options on the market. In fact, it’s a bargain when you consider the feature-to-cost ratio that it offers a customer.