Full timers versus weekenders.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by geode, Mar 25, 2018.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well said John E. Baker..............:)!!!

Regards, BankShot............(aka Terry(

NYDutch likes this.
  2. hopefulone

hopefulone
    Expand Collapse

Well, we are definitely classified as weekenders. I’m not sure we will ever jump ship to full timers. Although we are both now in our fifties, we have a seven and fourteen year old and those guys have friends and activities they want to stay with.

We can go on long weekends for now, but cannot do even two weeks away due to hubby’s work schedule. this means most of our trips are under four hours away. Even if we get five days, we stay within that distance. Driving, setting up, and then packing up and leaving all have to be part of that time. We dream of going out west but realistically need two and a half weeks minimum to rv and enjoy it.

I can foresee us having a small home and going rv part time.

mdcamping likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Were in the same boat (or RV LOL) were both in our fifties and our hopeful plans is to sell our S&B, downsize to a small condo and do touring type RVing. :cool:

Mike

4. TraceyCornish

TraceyCornish
    Expand Collapse

Well, I admit that I have an addiction to my phone and social networks, so if I go camping, and if there is a bad Wi-Fi signal there, this is a big success for me, because every 5 minutes I check new messages and can't focus on recreation and nature. If someone is familiar with this, please share with me how you deal with this addiction. To be honest, I feel tired and cheated if I spend all day online. If we talk about camping spots, we like to stop by reservoirs. But there is one problem in that there are a lot of mosquitoes there. So I'm looking for the best mosquito repellent on Amazon (you can find its review). Do you think this is a good way to protect yourself from mosquitoes and is this not harmful to health?

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I hope you realize that you have responded to a two-year-old thread. I doubt that any of the folks who posted in it will be expecting it to be updated.

6. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Thermacell devices seem to work very well, you might want to check them out.