USA Florida and Surrounds 2021

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Jason Goodwin, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------
    You know what Ron I think you may be on to something here. One time I left Sydney on a flight back to the states I got home 3 hours before I left and my son, who was a wee lad at the time, couldn't seem to wrap his little brain around that. Yes indeed I think that's maybe that's what Jason is trying to tell us.......:rolleyes: Hey, you live in Florida so if he changes his mind and decides Disney World is the big ticket to fun and excitement, perhaps you can give him some pointers also. Of course he'll have to be told that in Florida up is down and down is up so he doesn't get lost.............:D

Stay safe and stay healthy, Terry..........(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  2. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Sorry guys 2022 is the year 2021 will be for organising and saving the money

Attached Files:

Paythebill likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, one can tell this is a picture from the land down under as it's upside down just as things are when you are near the bottom of the earth..............:p

BankShot............(aka Terry)

The5goodwins and Paythebill like this.
  4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Are we sure the pic posted by “the5goodwins” is really upside down. I tend to believe it is right side up in the land down under, and those viewing in the states are upside down.....:confused:

The5goodwins likes this.
  5. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

All right you bunch of comedians Ill fix the picture:D:p

6. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

OK So here is an idea we really like

The trip is broken into 2 parts. Part one is Fort Worth to Orlando as follows

https://goo.gl/maps/3F7ReLknadX5A8Vi8

We then fly from Orlando to San Francisco (Or as someone...Terry...advised me Sacremento) for the second part of the adventure.....ensuring we add what will now be referred to as the @BankShot stop:D

https://goo.gl/maps/npfrTjmoX82mhRMWA

This one includes Yosemite and Cupertino (Im an Apple tragic) with an initial visit (Seriously) to make a point with catching up with Terry and maybe put in a call to Darrell and Mike if they aren't around. This section is an RV hire plan.

I am hoping in some way that, and only if it suits, we could have an RV catch up with @BankShot @Paythebill @Rollin Ollens @mdcamping @NYDutch

mdcamping and NYDutch like this.
  7. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

So guys first off I really really hope you are all staying safe and well. Australia has turned out to be the benchmark in all this as our government acted quickly (Not quickly enough many think) but here in Queensland we had 5 infections in the last 24 hours that was unbelievably reduced to 2 as 3 were misdiagnosed.
    The damage to the Australian economy will be truly frightening but myself and my wife are lucky as I am, as you guys know a First Responder, and Tracey works in insurance.
    My favourites are the few that have decided to confront us stating the have the virus but feel they want to engage Police and see if we back down.....turns out we don't.....we don't do cowardice.
    The kids have been impacted immeasurably in that there school life and interaction with friends has been massively impacted.
    We are luck in that we can plan for our big USA trip in 2022. I can't reinforce enough that you guys need to make sure you are healthy and safe, otherwise who do I get to show off too.

Worst part here for COVID-19 is the amount of work I am having to undertake around the house......COVID-19 won't kill me but the amount of work might.

So first is the new Fire patio
    Decided if we were in the house might as well build stuff.....
    Firepit_1.jpg
    I actually enjoy the build @BankShot better have some California fireplace going on mate:D

Firepit_2.jpg

Keeping these 2 let alone their sister occupied is a full time job....
    Boys_Covid.jpg

and now we hope we have enough firewood:D
    Covid_firewood.jpg

And getting it cut down is already done:p
    Covid_firewood2.jpg

And now following instructions from She who MUST be obeyed......I give you the front area landscape rebuild....Please kill me now......
    Screen_1.jpg

What it was......
    Screen_2.jpg

What happens with a shovel and pick........
    Screen_3.jpg

what happens with a post hole digger and the inability to lift your arms the next day......
    Screen_4.jpg

AND we are only half way there.....

NYDutch and BankShot like this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

As usual Jason, some great pictures. Love the backyard fire pit complete with lighting and all. Gotta be some good times spent out there for sure. I don't see many empty beer bottles laying around but you no doubt cleaned them all out before taking the picture. As for you new trip plans, that looks like a heckalota traveling in just three weeks but if you can make it work, all the mo betta to you. The ones you mention gathering together at some convenient spot might be a tad difficult to do as we are scattered all across the country but hey we got time and who knows who could show up and where. Not a problem for me as I live in an area you plan on visiting out west and Ron (Paythebill) lives in Florida so quite possibly could meet you there somewhere. As for the others that will be up to them to see what they might come up with, as a get together with you and your family would really be nice. The rest of the bunch will no doubt be joining in shortly with their ideas and suggestions. In the meantime glad to hear you are all safe and healthy. This COVID-19 thing has certainly taken the entire world down on it's knees and hopefully the rest of this year will see all of us getting back to some form of normal again. Oh, by the way, we spell our state capital "Sacramento". How would you like it if I spelled Brisbane "Brizbun",or Sydney "Sidnee" or even Melbourne "Melburn"..........:p

Regards, Terry.............(aka Bankshot)

Paythebill and The5goodwins like this.
  9. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Terry we are looking at making it 4 weeks now. You are right beer bottles hidden

Paythebill likes this.
  10. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking that in March April of 2022 will find us somewhere around the Carolinas or Virginia. Our plan is to summer in the Maritimes but nothing has been chiseled in stone that far out. If we don't catch up with you folks, you will just have to tip a couple thinking of us.

Darrell

Paythebill and The5goodwins like this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't understand Darrell? What did you do with that fold-wing two person/one dog mini jet you showed me when we met up, all tucked nicely away in that covered trailer you were towing behind the motorhome. I could have sworn that you told me you used it when you needed to make trips that had to be made in just a few hours instead of days. If you ended up selling it that's a shame as it would have come in real handy in 2022. You could be here from the Carolinas and back within a day. If you do become available I would request that you bring along a case (full of course) of that wonderful Alberta Crude from the Wild Rose Brewery. Would love to have it flow gently down the tube............:D You would do that for a fellow Canuck wouldn't you........:rolleyes: Hey, hope you, Jerry, and Le Poopy Doggy are well and safely tucked inside and weathering this lousy situation we're all struggling to get through. We don't know whether we'll make it to Oregon the end of July or not but have our fingers crossed and thinking positive...........:cool:

All the best, Terry............(aka Bored BankShot)

12. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Paythebill likes this.
  13. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hey Jason wish we could meet you and your family in Orlando in 2022, but I don't see us anywhere near florida in our near future plans. Good your plans are for 22 as hopefully the covid dust will have settled by then. East coast is still on lockdown for the most part but things might start to loosen up very soon and maybe a return to some normalcy.

Sooner or later we hope to be traveling more west and just maybe get a chance to meet you good folks!

Love that new fire patio Jason!! :cool:

Mike

The5goodwins likes this.
  14. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys really hope you are staying safe. Have seen a lot from here that makes my a little worried for my USA Family. @BankShot, @Rollin Ollens ,@Fitzjohnfan. @mdcamping @Paythebill

So not great news here as after the arrest of an ice affected individual I am having surgery for a significant hand injury next Wednesday September 30th that will se me unable to return to my duties until 2021.

Good news is that due to our compensation system USA 2022 is looking good. You have to look at the silver lining for what is apparently a possible life changing injury.

After 32 years of law Enforcement its not cool that this is a result of some douche that didn't think he should pay for a ticket. His punishment will be, because of our system, a $200USD fine, possibly a suspended jail sentence and nothing else......

In awesome news I am trying my first chilli recipe tonight............. I have a LOT of time on may hands at the moment....

#34 The5goodwins, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    mdcamping, Rollin Ollens and NYDutch like this.
  15. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Wishing you the best for good outcome from your surgery! Will you be able to get in some camping during your recovery?

The5goodwins likes this.
  16. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad that you are looking at a bad situation positively!

I am a chiili lover. For all the time I have spent in Texas and areas, I still have not tried true Texas style Chilli.

Really hoping the border opens before it gets too cold up here in Canada. We have decided that if it does, we will spend the winter in the S W desert where a neighbor could be half a mile away.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Darrell

The5goodwins likes this.
  17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Jason - - - Good hearing from you but sorry to hear about your hand injury. Hope the surgery proves successful and that you retain full use of it. These sorry SOBs need to be made an example of but unfortunately there are way too many "doogooders" around that prevent that from happening. Glad you are still going forward with your trip to the U.S. in 2022 and as Mike said, hopefully by then this damn virus thing will have calmed down by a huge margin or be under compete control, etc. with the usage of a preventable vaccine. Be safe, remain positive and have visions of sugar plums and Bundy rum when you take your afternoon siestas................:D

Cheers,, Terry....................(aka BankShot)

The5goodwins likes this.
  18. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear about your hand injury. It's a real shame some idiot has done this to you. Good luck with the surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery.
    I love chili and you will have to tell us how yours turned out. Pictures?

Rollin Ollens and The5goodwins like this.
  19. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Not sure mate Im left handed and that unfortunately is the injured hand

20. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

This might be a good opportunity to work on becoming ambidextrous then... ;)

The5goodwins likes this.