Washington Dc

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by TJE, Jan 22, 2007.

1. TJE

TJE
    Expand Collapse

My family and I will be in Washington, DC area the end of May, and I'm looking for suggestions for good park to stay at. We will be staying in a Pop-Up needing water and electric. I'm looking for a good home base for the DC area. I was considering Cherry Hill, but I understand that the noise might be high for a pop-up.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The road noise is the pits. Inside a motorhome we could not sleep. This noise is 24/7 from that hill top. Check on this site and you will see number of good parks close to DC.

3. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Tim,
    We visited Washington a couple of years ago and stayed at the Frederiksburg KOA (in Virginia). We drove to a train station and took it into the city. It took about 1 hr, but it was an interesting ride - the kids enjoyed the train and there was lots to see and talk about. After reading reviews on this website, and checking out the websites of the various campgrounds, this one seemed to suit us best and we were happy with it.

Enjoy your trip!
    Nancy

4. Oscar

Oscar
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(TJE @ Jan 22 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]5871[/snapback]

My family and I will be in Washington, DC area the end of May, and I'm looking for suggestions for good park to stay at. We will be staying in a Pop-Up needing water and electric. I'm looking for a good home base for the DC area. I was considering Cherry Hill, but I understand that the noise might be high for a pop-up.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

We spent 2 weeks at Prince Williams just outside Dumfries, and took the subway into DC, the park gave us the use of a rail pass card, If I remember for our motorhome it costs us 22.00 a nite, For the price it was a great park close enough in as to explore DC

5. johncccccc

johncccccc
    Expand Collapse

We visited Washington DC last year in June and stayed at Cherry Hill Park. We have an expandable trailer with tent ends similar to a pop-up. We did not have a problem with road noise. This was our first camping trip and other than the relative high rates, we were completely satisified with Cherry Hill Park. The sites were gravel and some higher priced sites had a brick paved area for the picnic tables. The park has a nice pool and well stocked store. We are even thinking of going back this year to visit Baltimore.

John

6. dmb921

dmb921
    Expand Collapse

Duncan's Family Campground in Lothian MD is very condenient. They have a shuttle to the Metro Station, and you ride that into D.C. Only takes about an hour to get into D.C. And the staff is very knowledgable on how to get around D.C.

7. Marc Barrière

Marc Barrière
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(TJE @ Jan 22 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]5871[/snapback]

Thanks in advance,

Tim

I'm thinking about the same project than you. I have found an excellent reference for camping in Washington: http://www.title-3.com/DCCamping.htm