Grand opening of an RV park (article)

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by Fitzjohnfan, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

NYDutch likes this.
  2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Just read much of the building process they went through, quite an ordeal. But they are only about 175 miles from where we live so will keep them in my folder of parks to visit. Wish them well and much success.

3. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Apparently the owners have a lot to learn. I am sorry, but there really is no excuse to have a brand new park and the sites not be level. That should be apparent from the get go. The fact they are in the mountains is not an excuse. If the terrain does not allow for a proper RV space, then it shouldn't be developed. As for overhanging tree branches, rocks in the traveled portion of the roadways and other obstacles, they should have considered those issues as well, prior to opening. Any research at all into RV parks, such as reading reviews here, would have made it clear that those issues are a big concern. It isn't hard to see where you might have an issue just driving the roads with a normal pickup towing a construction trailer, something they surely would have done during construction. If you have spots where you need to be careful with that rig, the roadway won't work for RVs.

While I truly understand wanting their daughter (Jenna) to have a good life and freedom, having a mentally challenged girl just show up at my campsite would be unsettling at best. It could also be dangerous as, believe it or not, not every person in every RV is bucking for sainthood. Plus, some people travel with dogs that won't know she is just an innocent child in an adult's body. It's an accident waiting to happen and the liability may end up falling on the RV owner.

Sounds like they need to shift gears from the park being their personal space to do with what they please to the fact it is a business. The two seldom mesh.

Fitzjohnfan and weighit like this.