New Rver-need Help With Florida Rv Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by matchpt, Feb 12, 2007.

1. matchpt

matchpt
    Expand Collapse

Would appreciate any and all suggestions you could give me: My husband and I have decided to rent a 42' (4 slide outs) RV over the Easter holiday with our four kids (ages 4-11) as we are conteplating whether to purchase one. We are renting it for one week and have made reservations at Bluewater Resort (2 nights), Fort Wilderness (2 nights), would like to stay near Cape Kennedy for one night (suggestions?). Where else should we stay/travel? Maybe northern Fla? Thanks for any suggestions/tips!

2. Jackie & Tony

Jackie & Tony
    Expand Collapse

There's a super duper resort near Titusville/Cape Kennedy http://www.tgoresort.com/

We like the other (west) coast a bit more and have spent time at many of the Crystal River Rv parks. Rock Crusher Canyon and the Crystal River Encore Park are both very nice. We're not too familiar with parks north of Titusville on the East coast.

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

The Great Outdoors park recommended in the previous post is an excellent, upscale park but, unfortunately, it is primarily for older folks. I'm afraid your two children would be bored. I would suggest, instead, that you consider the Beverly Beach Camptown in Flagler Beach, FL. This is only a one-hour drive to Cape Kennedy and the space center, and this park is the only park on the east coast of Florida that is truly oceanfront. This park has sites right on the ocean (I have fished while sitting on the front bumper of my motorhome), and the beach is great for kids. Daytona Beach and St. Augustine are just minutes away from this location. Hope this is helpful.

4. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend you avoid the campground at Jetty Park - we were there last April - the beach is nice, and it's very close to the space center, but the campground is getting very run down.

If you want to do a lot of swimming, you might want to go further south. We went to North Beach Camp Resort (didn't really like it) in St. Augustine (north east FLA) and found the ocean water to still be very cool at the end of April. There were lots of waves to use the surfboards, but my husband and oldest son were the only ones brave enough to get in the cold water!

Two places we enjoyed were Yellow Jacket Campground in Old Town - on the Suwannee River (good for fishing if the kids like that) and Fort DeSoto campground in Tierra Verde - the setting is beautiful and it is very close to North Beach - which is awesome.

We also stayed at Fort Wilderness - it was great. I'd recommend you look into the Hoop-de-Doo Musical Revue - on Camp Wilderness Property. It's a little pricey, but it's a lot of fun (in a hillbilly sort of way) and you get lots of food - reservations are recommended.

Have a great vacation! I wish we were heading down there again this year!

5. beagles7278

beagles7278
    Expand Collapse

I would plan on staying at Fort Wilderness for more than 2 nights, there is so much to do there. Try not to jam too much into your schedule, just relax and let things role, it will be much more relaxing.

6. don083

don083
    Expand Collapse

Manatee Hammock for your Cape Kennedy night, nice tree filled county owned campground, not a whole lot to do but it is on the Indian River right across from the Space Center, also Jetty Park is right on the ocean and Port Canaveral, it is old but not that bad imho..

Don

7. rontrem

rontrem
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(don083 @ Feb 19 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]6157[/snapback]

Manatee Hammock for your Cape Kennedy night, nice tree filled county owned campground, not a whole lot to do but it is on the Indian River right across from the Space Center, also Jetty Park is right on the ocean and Port Canaveral, it is old but not that bad imho..

Don

I second Manatee Hammock , We stayed there and it was great, very frendly Managment. :)

8. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum. I'm just being inquisitive but what Blue Water Resort are you going to?

9. zeldazabar

zeldazabar
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Apr 7 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]6742[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum. I'm just being inquisitive but what Blue Water Resort are you going to?

Hello, I am sure that the Bluewater Resort they refer to is Bluewater Key. We have stayed there many times. We rent directly from owners (it is a luxury RV Ownership Campground). We rent from Rita at Bluewater Rentals and you can also rent through other offices. The last time we visited we stayed on the NICEST site in the park!!! It had a private tiki hut as large as some HOMES in the Keys! And a view over about a mile of open water! Wonderful. Bring your snorkels and swim fins - tropical fish right off your dock.