More Personal Chat Than General???

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jmo, Feb 17, 2007.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Dec 11 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]9426[/snapback]

My bride of 47 years and I do everything together and go everywhere together. I spent 30 years travelling alone, averaging 300,000 air miles per year, and weeks upon weeks in motel rooms. Now we're making up for it. Leaving home without her is like walking out the door without my shoes. Sometimes, however, I think she wishes I would go on the road again!

I'm single by choice! I go where I want, when I want, and I like the "solitude" of being out in my RV. I don't know anyone, so I don't "have" to do anything!

JJ

2. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ Feb 19 2007, 09:17 PM) [snapback]6156[/snapback]

Kate, that is something that I just don't enjoy. Even though we have been married almost 30 yrs., we never spend time apart, other than when he is at the office. My friends know that I won't go out to dinner or "girls night out". We get together for lunch and shopping during the day when hubby is at work. I went on a couple of women's retreats which were 2 nights each, with the ladies group at church, and I just really didn't like being away from him. He travels about twice a year on business and we spend a lot of time on the phone with each other when he is away, usually for 2 or 3 days. My grandparents were always together and I remember asking grandpa why they went everywhere together and he said if he didn't take her with him, he had to kiss her goodbye. Maybe that is Greg's reasoning......

I LOVE IT!!! :lol: