"On The Road Again - - - AT LAST!!!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Oct 7, 2021.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

It's been a long twelve and a half months of COVID restrictions and my sigoth's (significant other) back surgery but Sunday morning as soon as I can get the Co-pilot/Ordermaster, buckled into her seat, we will wind our way down our local road to the interstate, make a right turn at the on-ramp and carefully merge with the onslaught of crazy traffic. I was concerned that after such a long down time I may have to take a refresher course to drive the 'Beast' again, but with two recent trips to get a smog test and to put new tires on the rear, I was pleased that it was just like riding a bicycle after that amount of time. We be heading north to the Oregon coast to spend some quality time at one of our favorite RV hangouts, Winchester Bay. Even managed to get a marina side waterfront site reserved. I have my special jugs of Bloody Marys, Margaritas, and a bottle or nine of wine ready to enjoy at the appropriate times of the day and evening, and the fridge is stocked with good eats and other assorted delicacies. Been a long time a comin' but we hung in there, waited it out, got thru it, and off we go to enjoy some much needed away time. Will be incommunicado until we get back so I wish everyone farewell and that hope any travels you make during our away time will be safe, enjoyable and just plain great ones for you as well.............:)

"To be sung to the tune of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"

Take me out to the freeway
    Cruise control set to cruise
    Buy me some fuel and some snacks and stuff
    I don't care if I eat way too much

And it's toot- toot- toot on the air horn
    Don't nobody get in my way
    Cuz it's one, two, three toots you're deaf
    When the Beast comes out to play

All the best, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#1 BankShot, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

That's awsome, banks!! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. I start getting "itchy" for the open road after about 3 months, so your extended time away from the wheel must have been extra diffucult. Hope you have a great time!

Regards,
    Chris g.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm envious.

4. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Me too! With the American border closed we had to take a seasonal site at a lake near us just so we didn’t go stir crazy. Looking forward to hit the open road again.

5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Good for you Terry. I'm glad it's "Open Season" again. Go man go!!

Our game plan was to head south along the coast from Washington all the way deep in California and then head east to the desert and beyond. Not going to happen this year. I am not allowed to fly or cross high mountain passes due to my recent health issues so technically, we could continue with our plan. That said, I have spent most in the last month in various hospitals and am not willing to abandon my wife to be alone in a Campground for a month or so should I have a relapse.

We will be in the Lower Mainland of BC for the winter since I can not return to Alberta. Having spend numerous years living here it's like home anyway.

Enjoy your trip and make sure you file a review. You may want to edit it after a week or so and you can. Perhaps you should also add a YouTube video and include a link in your review! Ejoy your trip and all that goes with it! Drive safe, stay warm, stay healthy!

Darrell :

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Having never gone "off the road" since COVID hit, I can imagine how itchy we would get if we had had to remain stationary for more than a month or two. My hat's off to those of you that had to experience "RV withdrawal", and I'm glad the end may be in sight for you!

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

No doubt there are many of us that have been "anchored down" for a period longer than we normally expect to be stationary. A couple of times we almost took the RV just 5 miles to spend a night or two at a newer RV Park but they were full up both times. We are so looking forward to this long awaited trip and hope that we can all get back to doing what we all love doing, RVing whenever we feel the urge to get out on the open road.................:D

BankShot................(aka Terry)

#7 BankShot, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  8. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Bankshot, have a great time, be safe, stay healthy and enjoy.

The5goodwins, BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry glad your back on the road, enjoy your trip and safe travels...One more well wish for sunny weather for the "time of your trip only", as I know you folks need the rain. :cool:

have an cold adult drink (or several) for me! :cool: :p

Mike

The5goodwins and Paythebill like this.
  10. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

oh my what will this forum be like without Bankshot and his humor. We will not hear from Bankshot until he returns from his trip. Sigh,
    Miss him already.:rolleyes:

The5goodwins, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  11. Marceline

Marceline
    Expand Collapse

good for you

12. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------
    We had a great trip but the first day heading north up to the Oregon border was a real white knuckle ride as we had sidewinds gusting up to 40+ mph until we turned north on I-5 and then we drove into those winds all the way to Yreka. The next day was clear sailing as was the rest of our trip. A drop or three of rain off and on a couple of days but nothing that stopped us from enjoying ourselves to the max. Sure did feel good to get out on the road again. As for my humor, it's just something I was born with and it never left when I aged a tad. Life has to have a bit of humor in order to survive and keep moving ahead in this world we live in now. At least that;s how I see it, other's may see it differently so I simply don't joke around with them............:p

Take care Ron when you are out there on your travels, Terry.............(aka BankShot)