Campground Reviews Gets a Spiffy New Look!

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Okay, here's the thing. I have been waiting for Campground Reviews to implement their DRY CAMPING/BOONDOCKING section. I, as well as thouisands of others, do like to "get away from it all" on occasion. I like the wilderness and sense of privacy that Boondocking provides. Up until now, I have been using Campendium for checking out boondocking experiences and have been pleased with the site. Sadly, they have been taken over by Roadpass Digital.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/togo-group-rebrands-as-roadpass-digital-301426894.html

I anticipate changes just like what took place here when your group took over RV Park Reviews.
    It would be nice if Campground Reviews would start their Dry Camping section so that I, and thousands of others, can just use one complete data base for all of our camping needs. I am used to the format here now and have grown to like it. What do you say??

Darrell

2. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

To a large extent you can find this now...

If you click on the state map (example) https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/washington
    you'll see an extensive set of filters.

You can configure them to find dry camping, certain kinds of parks (or camping areas like BLM land) and a wide variety of other options. You can also click on the main search (top right corner) to reach the filter page: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/search/park

cgr_dry.jpg

Do you have suggestions to make this more useful?

One possible challenge here is that people use the terms "boondocking" and "dry" camping differently. For some this means camping with no services BUT that might be at an established State or national park (for example) in a numbered campsite. For others it means dispersed camping; a wide open space like BLM land.

#102 Janet H, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm. I did a search for two of my favs but did not find any info. I then set the filters for BLM only and to my suprise, there were listings just not the ones I was serching for.. I guess what' is missing is USER INPUT. If no one is reviewing BLM or free camping areas then that is our fault not the sites. I did a review on one near Borrego Springs Ca a couple of years ago and it was a free campiong zone but it was deleted for some reason. It's been a long time but should I repost it? The area was called Rockhouse Trail BLM. I can also add a few more, but again, since COVID, we have not traveled as much as normal so they are dated.

Darrell

4. Andy R

Andy R
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I agree that we can improve when it comes to dispersed/dry/boondocking spots. As Janet mentioned we have been adding more and more over time. The biggest challenge is going to be getting enough real world feedback from RVers on these spots so that we can make informed decisions.

In the past, there we had a requirement here that infrastructure was required at a campground to be listed. That has since been removed. So if you have some great spots that are not listed, please add them and after they are added leave a reviews, some photos, etc. It will help a lot of others to know they exsit.

Rollin Ollens likes this.