RV lots for sale?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Mindyjay, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Mindyjay

Mindyjay
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!
    I live in Michigan and I am looking to go south this winter. I am interested in purchasing a few RV lots, Park in my very new, extremely nice RVs on them and would like to be able to rent them out. I am not sure if this is an appropriate site to post a question like this, I am just trying to get More information on this. If anyone could give me some direction I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Amumm13

Amumm13
    Expand Collapse

Have you looked into Cypress Trail RV resort in Ft Myers?

3. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Where in the south are you planning this venture? Snowbirds tend to go to South Florida, South Texas, Arizona and Southern California. South Texas is usually views as the economical option so you will have lower costs for lots and corresponding low rents. In Florida and Southern California you will have competition from thousands of seasonal rental condos and homes. Those rentals tend to appreciate in value while your RVs will rapidly depreciate. I would think that would put your business at a severe disadvantage. Arizona is a mixed bag. The Phoenix area is similar to Southern California and the far south is budget conscious and boondocking country.
    I am not sure there is a market to capture with permanently sited RVs in snowbird country. Maybe if they were situated in an area with no other lodging options, but those tend to be in summer travel locations, semi off the grid.
    I would think Park Models would be a much more viable option than true RVs if you really want to go into the snowbird rental business in an RV park setting. Lower cost of entry and less systems to maintain. Good luck

4. Amumm13

Amumm13
    Expand Collapse

5. Amumm13

Amumm13
    Expand Collapse

Just check to see if your park model can be rented out. Our HOA doesn’t allow.