Owner managed pages in Campground reviews

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Dennis Maroney, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Dennis Maroney

Dennis Maroney
    Expand Collapse

Campground reviews is a valuable tool for determining your routes and places to stay. I've learned that most people are honest in their reviews, and it helps all of us. when you see there has not been any new reviews for years on a campground, it's usually because it's a owner managed website, bypass them because nothing negative shows up, which of course defeats the purpose of all of us sharing information.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Any chance you could restate what you just said for us folks that aren't the the brightest lights on the block? Especially one part of a sentence that says........."when you see there has not been any new reviews for years on a campground, it's usually because it's a owner managed website". I would like more clarification on this if you would please. Which "owner", and which "website" are you referring to? We all realize that there are reviews being posted by "shills" that simply want to either praise and build up a given RV park, etc. or that want to try and make that park look bad, etc. due to something that possibly happened between the park and a "competitor" or very disgruntled patron of that park. For example, when you read 20 reviews about a given RV park and 19 of them glowingly rate it a 5 and one reviewer gives it a 1 and says the reverse of what the others have said, doesn't that kinda-sorta make you feel that their review possibly was made out of a small problem between that reviewer and the RV park that got really blown out of control? Anyway, back to my original request of you. Please restate what you said and let us dimmer lights on the block like me try to better understand what you are basically trying to communicate to us. And I thank you for doing so as I am not trying to start a pissing contest here with you.................

Happy and safe travels, Bankshot...........(aka Terry)

#2 BankShot, Feb 6, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Paythebill likes this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Parks that have been "claimed" by the park owner or manager does not give them the option of removing any reviews. They can request that a review that violates the posting guidelines be removed, but the decision on that remains with the folks at Social Knowledge.

"There is a bad review for my park. Can I have it removed?"
    "A review may be removed if we confirm that the review runs afoul of our site use agreement however reviews are rarely removed."

https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/docs/ownerfaqs

https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/docs/ownerguidelines

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Dutch for clearing this up as you have. I guess I just wasn't reading in the correct manner from what the OP had said. Hmm, perhaps I am THE dimmest bulb on the block after all....:(

Regards, Terry.............(aka Dim Guy)

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'll step in and officially say that NYDutch is correct. Park owners do not have the ability to remove reviews. And to go one step further, owners also cannot remove photos submitted by members.

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  6. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

And to comment further on the RPs opinion about not seeing many recent reviews for a park, its my thought that either the park has gotten so many negative reviews, that people avoid the park, or the park is in an out of the way area.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Some parks have pretty much been taken over by repeat seasonals and permanents, so there may not be the turnover that would normally generate updated reviews.

Paythebill likes this.
  8. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

There is also a changing of the guard, so to speak when it comes to the guests. They are Less and less likely to use review sites like this and instead frequent Facebook, Google, Trip advisor and other similar sites. Only a very small percentage of guests ever post a review. Our experience over several decades of park ownership never saw more than one out of about every 250 unique guests post a review of any kind. A lack of a bunch of recent reviews isn’t that odd.

Rollin Ollens and Paythebill like this.
  9. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

You are correct newkcmoedoe. Campground reviews is still my "go to" site but I also post on three other sites. The more info I can get, the better IMO. Some sites have better info available for boon docking and others just have a greater number of users.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.