Reading a lot,but new to posting here---Hi Y'all

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by RVL222403, Feb 26, 2022.

1. RVL222403

RVL222403
    Expand Collapse

We--DW & I retired in 7/2019 and spent the rest of that summer/year local camping and getting used to being able to camp any time because every day was a weekend to us. Our 1st trip of any length was to Florida in Jan,2020 for 2 weeks. Man it was great not to have to deal with crowds. Then last year 2021 we were blessed to take a 3 week trip to Tx. to visit some long time friends, then went on to Branson Mo., St. Louis Mo. The Ark Ky. and back home with lots of local trips the rest of the year. I am on several other forums/sites on Facebook and just on the internet in general, for camping motorcycling, retirement, & hiking. We are currently in the planning stages for our Wild West trip this summer to The Tetons, Yellowstone,NP, Spearfish for the Bad Lands, Mt. Rushmore, & Custer areas. We plan to leave N.Ga. mid May,& slowly make our way to Dubois Wy. as we have been told that the possibility for snow is really good until the end of May/ early June. Ok enough about me for now, I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge and possibly new friends thru this forum, as I have on my Venture motorcycle forum, & my Grand Design forums, Y'all have a great day!

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Welcome to RV Life Campground Reviews. We look forward to hearing about your other trips, and be sure to add reviews for the places you stay.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. You will find there is a bunch of knowledgeable folks that always here to respond to questions you might have and lend assistance when needed, etc. Being retired is for sure the only way to travel, especially when you travel by RV. As Texasrvers mentioned above be sure to post reviews on the places you stay at and also jump in at anytime when you can give the rest of us some help or assistance with a problem you have knowledge on, etc., or to just "mess with us" when you want to have some added fun. We are a fun loving bunch for sure...............:D

Safe and happy travels, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Way back in 2002 when we "retired" and hit the road full time it was so amazing to feel free, not having to worry about getting back from the vacation and into the work mode. Taking the time to see things, stop along the way as opposed to having to get to a vacation spot in a hurry. Take your time and enjoy, and let us know how things go for you both.

Paythebill likes this.
  5. AlexMoon

AlexMoon
    Expand Collapse

Hi! Did you have any difficulties traveling during Covid time? Or right now?

6. RVL222403

RVL222403
    Expand Collapse

We actually had very little problems last year. at that time most places we had to mask up indoors but were doing that anyway. In Texas at the time we were told that we didn't need to mask unless we wanted to. We went to several tourist spots in Texas with our friends that lived there. In Arkansas we went to Hot Springs NP, and in Missouri, we attended shows in Branson, went to The Arch, and toured the Ark in Kentucky, all required masks indoors. During the rest of our times traveling it has been the same. We have decided that since we are triple boosted, & have both had a case of Co*** we intend to live our lives enjoying our time here.

mdcamping and Rollin Ollens like this.
  7. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We are Canadian and having been stuck in the cold last year, we are very happy that life is turning "somewhat" back to normal. We are as well triple vaxed but have not had COVID. We still mask, even though they do not protect us, as a precaution for others. We still distance as much as we can. We still try to avoid peak hours when shopping but life is going on and we are very happy to be missing the Canadian winters again. We, as well, intend to enjoy what time we have left.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Rv life and the forum has helped me out numerous times, good source to share and learn information :cool:

My wife and I are triple vaxed and are forunate not to have come down from covid. We mask when we can and take the usual precautions when traveling and everything has worked out so far. :cool:

Mike

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  9. AlexMoon

AlexMoon
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome! I'm new to the forum as well.

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  10. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

And we are glad you came! We are a bunch of, usually, easy going folk happy to share what knowledge we have and we hope you will do the same.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  11. AlexMoon

AlexMoon
    Expand Collapse

Excellent. Enjoy your time now. ;)