DUMP COMPANY

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Nanya, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I don't remember who made it Dutch. It was quite a while ago. I recall it was blue that's about all I can tell you. The first thing that I didn't like was the smell. The tank was vented of course, so as it was filling, the odor it was filling me with nausea. The park I was at did not have a faucet to rinse so dumping black with no gray to rinse until the tank was refilled again was not pleasant. I know, most parks have a rinse hose to use but clearly. not always and that was enough for me. After using it twice I gave it to my neighbor. I didn't have the constitution to do it again. Decamping is not pleasant but a lot more so that using a portable for me.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to join in this smelly thread you guys are into by saying that I too would never stay a long enough time at any park that didn't have in park hookups to do the deed. The two of us can last about 7 days without having to dump and the one park we stayed at for those 7 days years ago did have a dump station that we emptied the tank into on the day we left. Now here's something you can all get a good laugh out of. On the very first outing we had with the coach we have and at the very first RV park we stayed at, I got the sewer hose and all the accessories. etc. hooked to the coach and park sewer connection. My co-piot must have had a sixth sense as she stood back from what happened next. I checked everything to make sure I was connected and then pulled the handle on the black tank. I heard a whooshing sound and then froze in horror as I watched the contents come squirting out from where the hose was connected to the bay outlet. And of course I was right there at the bay down on my knees so as to watch that wonderfully smelling brown liquid go thru the clear plastic connector extension tube..............THAT I HAD NOT FIRMLY CONNECTED TO THE OUTLET!!! Well this was a whole lot worse than being sprayed by the nastiest skunk on earth. I pretty much got coated good before I was able to re inside to close the valve. And to think my co-pilot just stepped back a few more feet and commenced laughing loudly and hard enough to have the folks next door come out to see what all the laughing was about. And the guy just said, "Oh, that's not good" and joined in the laughter session. Had to take the hose and wash off and clean everything up. I did spray the entire bay out with the hose followed by using a large spray bottle filled with liquid bathroom cleaner. The smell still lingered around until the next day when I sprayed the bay again. Needless to say I also did my BankShot best to clean up the surrounding area around that side of the coach. That has never happened since. I learned the hard way how NOT to connect the sewer hose. Oh, and I was forced to use the park's shower facilities as I was not allowed inside to use our onboard bathroom. Imagine the nerve of some co pilots.........!!!

Embarrassed BankShot............(aka embarrassed Terry)

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry love reading your post, reminds me of the dump scene from the movie RV :p :D

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

If it was blue, it was most likely a Barker "Blue Boy" tank. I've never been bothered by the smell as I fill the tank, but I don't stand all that close to the vent end either. I'm not sure how filling the tank with mostly soapy water was worse than rinsing it, but ok, it didn't suit you. Between our ages and rising fuel costs we like to stay the full time allowed, usually two weeks, at state and national parks that often don't have sewer hookups, so the portable tank works well for us. The national park we're moving to tomorrow only has electric, not even a water hookup. I have the equipment to deal with that as well. As always, to each their own...

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Bankshot loved your post, laughed so hard it made me snort my morning coffee. All I can say is:

Been there, done that, have the stained t-shirt to prove it. :eek: