Favorites dialog load times

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by TravelingWorkerBees, Mar 29, 2022.

1. TravelingWorkerBees

TravelingWorkerBees
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the developers and product management folks at RV Life Campgrounds for dramatically improving the load time of the "favorites" dialog. Until very recently, it took 12 to 15 seconds to load the favorites dialog every time I clicked the heart on a campground's profile page. I found that very irksome given that one of my favorite new hobbies is reading reviews and flagging all the RV parks around the country I'd like to eventually visit. Today I noticed that the dialog loads virtually instantly, which was a delightful surprise. So thank you!

That said, it's still quite slow going from "My Favorites" to a specific list, so if the the load times could also be improved for individual favorite lists that would be awesome. But still, this is a nice improvement.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm not sure if the programmers read this forum so I will be sure to pass along your thanks to them. BTW, we admins are also very happy with this improvement.

TravelingWorkerBees likes this.
  3. TravelingWorkerBees

TravelingWorkerBees
    Expand Collapse

Can you also pass along that loading individual lists is still pretty slow? Thanks!

Oh, and since you've got their ear, one last wish list item: Allow using the Esc key to close the campground images dialog. That would be nice too.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yes, we know that there are still some improvements needed with the favorites function, and they are being worked on.

As for the Esc key suggestion, I am not sure what you are referring to? Can you please be a bit more specific?

5. TravelingWorkerBees

TravelingWorkerBees
    Expand Collapse

Esc should effectively click this button to close the dialog which shows the collection of photos available for a campground. (Screenshot attached.) Make sense?

Attached Files:

6. TravelingWorkerBees

TravelingWorkerBees
    Expand Collapse

> Can you also pass along that loading individual lists is still pretty slow?

The entire site is MUCH faster lately. Very happy about that! Favorites lists are much more usable now.