"SPAM POSTS"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Apr 13, 2022.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Lately there seems to be an increase on the number of SPAM posts on the forum. I know several members including myself have been hitting the Report report button at the bottom right of these posts and thankfully the Admins remove them quickly. My post here is to ask all members to be alert to these types of posts and to use that button to get them taken off of our forum. I sometimes post a response of my own on a particular thread that I am 100% certain is just another spammer trying to suck somebody in to either buying something or worse yet opening that area in the post that leads to a virus or something else not good. We all are part of a great RV community and RV Life Campgrounds is one of the best RV reviews and forums sites I personally have ever belonged to. So let's all pitch in and help our Admins get rid of these spam posts and with some persistence and luck perhaps most all of them will realize that their posting on this website will not be seen or read and that their unintelligent languages, and other silly remarks and statments used, will all be typed in vain...................

Good riddance to Spammers, BankShot............(aka Terry)

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the suggestion. Could you do a screenshot and show me where the "report" button is? I just don't see it.

Thanks,
    Chris

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Click on the tools bar on the bottom right corner then click report

Fitzjohnfan and Paythebill like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I did make an error when stating where the Report button is located. It's on the bottom left side under the posters name. BUT you have to be logged to use it.. The tools bar also works. Sorry about the location error.................:(

BankShot...................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I reported three this morning all from the same user. I meant to take down his/her name to find out if they ever get punted. Sadly I did not. I think it was jacsontom or johnsontom The SPAM was for selling meds!!

Did anyone else see them and do you remember the user name?

Darrell

cerih and Paythebill like this.
  6. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

There were 3 posts by 2 different users, jacksontom and markheadly both peddling the same meds

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------
    I also reported several of them and even responded to one and told the OP to go stick it. All of them have been deleted which is great! Don't remember the name used but it was something like what you stated. I hope many more of us will start reporting spam type posts and hopefully spammers will get the idea they are not wanted on an RV forum.................

Regards, Terry.............(aka BankShot

The5goodwins and Paythebill like this.
  8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the user names. I suspected they would be punted but just wanted to check. I just did a member search for both names and neither of them show up so I suspect they are gone.

Thanks again Fun finders

Darrell

9. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

A big THANK YOU for reporting these spam posts. We encourage all our members to be on the lookout for these & to report them as soon as they're seen. I don't use the app, but I know on the full site, at the bottom of every post is a !Report button inside a box. Just click on that to alert the site team. We may have been a bit slow in responding because we're not used to getting these here. But now that we're aware, we'll be a bit faster on getting them off our site.

10. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I found it and reported one of them.

11. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thank you! Bye bye spammers!

We've been relatively spam free being that the Reviews side is WAY more active than the Forums side. But now that these spammers have found us, we'll be seeing an uptick in these types of threads/posts.

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wow, posts to the forum are really slow...:( even the spammers/trolls have backed off. I was really looking forward to reporting their posts and watching them get deleted. Kind of took the fun out of signing on to the forum. :eek: Bankshot where are you?..... could use some help here..:rolleyes:

#12 Paythebill, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    The5goodwins and BankShot like this.
  13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I'm still hanging around Ron, albeit mostly in the wings. Yeah, posts have slowed down a lot lately but perhaps it's because many of those who have joined during the last couple of years are not all that into being on a forum and just look to RV Life Campgrounds as a way of finding new places to travel to and visit. This happens on forums such as this one. I'm just glad to see a few others like yourself and Darrell keeping an eye out for spam posts and reporting them, etc. I reported one a short while ago and even posted that it was being reported but as we are aware when they are determined as being spam by the Admins, they get deleted along with any posts that come after it and many of us never even see the spam post along with the following ones. Hopefully with time these spammers will come to reason that they are not wanted on this site and the word will get out that posting spam here will not be tolerated and will only be seen for maybe just a few hours at most. I think once travel season sets in we will start seeing more posts on the forum as folks begin to see the benefit of it and will start their own posts to join in all the fun, etc. Hey, you take care out there and be well in all regards. How about a few of us form a little club and call ourselves "The Spam Busters" We can elect Darrell as leader,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

All best, Terry............(aka BankShot)

14. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Terry, but I gratefully decline. I am an early riser and I suspect that's why it seems I report more than others. I am pleased that we all take part in keeping the subject matter relevant. Thanks to the Sys Ops for deleting the trash quickly and to all of our users for being vigilant.

I believe that "New Users" that join only to post their rubbish are punted immediately but I don't believe that will not stop others from trying. As long as we all keep watch, we will keep our forum to be used as intended.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  15. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="BankShot, post: 73829, member:How about a few of us form a little club and call ourselves "The Spam Busters" We can elect Darrell as leader,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

All best, Terry............(aka BankShot)[/QUOTE]

Who ya gonna call?

16. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Who ya gonna call?[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    We could call on you Chris? That is if you are volunteering to become the leader of our Spam Busters team................:rolleyes: Darrel opted out, Ron is way too busy picking fresh oranges down in Florida, and garmp hasn't stepped up to the plate as yet. And Mike and Dutch haven't volunteered either. Me? I be just be a follower, but I follow purdy durn gud.............:D

Press on, Terry............(aka BankShot)

Find'em and Bust'em..............Terry.............(aka Terry)

#16 BankShot, Apr 22, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  17. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------
    We could call on you Chris? That is if you are volunteering to become the leader of our Spam Busters team................:rolleyes: Darrel opted out, Ron is way too busy picking fresh oranges down in Florida, and garmp hasn't stepped up to the plate as yet. And Mike and Dutch haven't volunteered either. Me? I be just be a follower, but I follow purdy durn gud.............:D

Press on, Terry............(aka BankShot)

Find'em and Bust'em..............Terry.............(aka Terry)[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Too much responsibility! Im just the plucky sidekick to you big time RVers!!

Paythebill likes this.
  18. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry lads........ Trip reports coming soon:D

19. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Wow, no spam posts this morning! we done run them varmints off!!!

20. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    We can't get over confident Chris as me thinks they are just regrouping and planning for their next wave of attacks. We have to remain vigilant and make sure they don't try some new method of attack. We will prevail however as we are The SpamBusters.............!!!

Press On, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.