Could Coleman Mach 2-Zone Thermostat 8330-335 Be Wired Backwards?

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by JJs RV, May 4, 2022.

1. JJs RV

JJs RV
    Expand Collapse

Hi All,

I have a recently purchased '02 Fleetwood Bounder 39R diesel pusher. I have noticed that the thermostat seems to be difficult to control. Running a series of tests, one thing I figured out is that while Zone 1 runs the Front A/C unit (Main Salon) and Zone 2 runs the Rear A/C unit (Bedroom) oddly if I blow a hairdryer on the sensor in the main salon, the rear A/C unit turns on. Likewise, if I blow the hairdryer on the thermostat itself, which is located near the bedroom of the vehicle, the front A/C unit turns on. I haven't found a wiring diagram, yet, but I am wondering if anyone has seen anything like this and knows what's going on or how to rewire it?

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

It appears that the controller is incorrectly wired. Follow the link. Installation instructions and wiring diagram is included. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vspfiles/assets/pdf/8330D3351.pdf

Good luck

Darrell

mdcamping likes this.
  3. JJs RV

JJs RV
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, Darrell.

I will read that through and see if I can get any ideas. At least I can read this one. I finally located the manual for the controller on the coach last night but it's a little 3" X 3" booklet and the diagrams are too small to view, even with a magnifying glass. This version is much appreciated. JJ

Rollin Ollens likes this.