Oily Looking Steaks on Fiberglass 5th Wheel

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tzdr8v, May 21, 2022.

1. tzdr8v

tzdr8v
    Expand Collapse

We have a brown oily looking stream at our windows. The unit gets lots of sun on that side. What is the best cleaner for window streaks. These are no frame windows.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. Over the years I have found the best way to clean windows is to first fill a bucket with some hot soapy water. Get a long handled brush and wash the window thoroughly. Let is sit a couple of minutes and then do it again. Take a hose and wash the window off completely. Then take some paper towels and wrap the brush end with them. Spray the window with Windex or some other good window cleaner and wipe it off and dry with the brush covered paper towels. I think you will find that process, although a tad time consuming, will leave you with windows you will definitely be able to see out of.........:D

Be sure to post reviews, on the flip side of RV Life Campgrounds, of where you stay........

Safe and clear sailing thru your clean windows, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#2 BankShot, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Paythebill likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've used Korkay Awning Cleaner and Black Streak Remover on my prior "fiberglass" shell campers. For me it's done a great job removing streaks in general. I would pre rinse with water. Then spot spray bottle on and use a soft/sponge type brush to clean then do a final rinse. (Make sure cleaner does not dry on RV)

Mike

Paythebill likes this.