Best route from Maine to Richmond Virginia

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Scott Plessinger, May 10, 2022.

1. Scott Plessinger

Scott Plessinger
    Expand Collapse

Leaving this Friday and I'm undecided on a route that is easy and not that hilly. First time TT hauler and I don't want to go through NYC. I'm 60' total and 11'3" high. Please help the stress level

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Scott an welcome to the forum. I can't be of much help as I reside on the west coast but to members that live on the east coast it might be of help if you could say where you are starting from and going to. Saying that you don't want to go thru NYC doesn't give much to go on. Hope wherever you are traveling to and from proves to be an easy and enjoyable trip for you. Don't forget to to post a review on the places you stay at along the route you do choose.................

Travel safe, BankShot.................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi again Scott - - - I completely missed reading your "Header" for this post and had I done so I woudn't have suggested you tell us your starting ending points. Sorry for being blind in one eye and unable to see clearly out of the other........:(

Regards, BankShot................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Jerry Pilcher

Jerry Pilcher
    Expand Collapse

Hello Scott Plessinger,
    This route is not known to me, so I can't tell you the exact route, however, did you google it? I think Google will tell you the easiest way.

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

all I know about driving in Maine is to avoid the Hainseville Woods in the winter. "it's a stretch of road, up north in Maine that's never ever ever seen a smile"....

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Good advice Jerry but I think the OP was more concerned about hills. Sadly, neither google maps or Google Earth is very good at showing how hilly a road is. Google Earth will help a bit but again, not very well.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.