Maggies Valley

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by garmp, Jun 20, 2022.

1. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

Thinking about a trip to Maggie's Valley mid October for a week or so and need some advice. Being mostly COE & state park campers, with an occasional municipal park or so, we are in search of a place to camp. 26' Class C.
    First of all is it going to be impossible to find a quality place that won't charge an arm & leg? And once we're there, are the site easy to get to without a toad?
    Thanks

Paythebill likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I'd be glad to help if I had a clue as to where "Maggie's Valley" is and if it's in any of the areas we have traveled to, ete. A tad more info needed for us West coasters...........:D

BankShot........................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about that. Got wrapped up in my own thoughts. Maggie Valley is in North Carolina close to Tennessee, near Ashville, NC. Sort of on the verge of the Smokey Mountains. In that general area. We are not locked into Maggie Valley, just that general area would be great.
    Thanks for your effort.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well it looks like I won't be of much help to you as our travels are all out west and I am not at all familiar with that area. No doubt tho several others that are will soon jump in with some thoughts and assistance for you. Enjoy your trip as much as possible. We have curtailed our travels a tad right now due to the insane price of fuel. At 7 mpg and with everything else up in price, we, like many others have decided to just stick a lot closer to home and hope for future longer trips down the road......

All the best, BankShot.................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.