"The "INSANE" Price of Fuel"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jun 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

So who was responsible for shutting down pipelines that would have made North America more self sufficient and a lot less reliant on foreign products?

Darrell

Nitescan and Paythebill like this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

If you're referring to the ill-conceived Keystone XL pipeline from Canada, note that it would have carried highly corrosive oil sand from Canada to US refineries for processing before sending it on to the gulf for shipment to off shore countries. By reducing refining capacity for domestic products, the project could have actually caused an increase in our fuel prices. TCE's existing Keystone pipeline has a terrible safety record that includes some major spills in environmentally sensitive areas.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/23/oil-leaks-keystone-pipeline-spill-record-506613

Paythebill likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I didn't mean for this post to take off in the direction it's headed in. Really, that was not my intent but guess now that I re-read my OP I can see where I left the door open a tad too wide and here we are. A lot of things have been done wrong, gone wrong, and have happened due to piss poor planning and followup. Greed has also raised it's ugly head and that greed has come from many sources. We all have our own respective opinions and are entitled to them but how about we curb this here before it goes any further. My apologies to the forum for being the one who started this. I for one just hope and pray that in the years ahead this nation, all with many others, pull together in unison and help turn all this around to where mankind can start living together in both peace and harmony. That would be as Lawrence Welk would say, "A wunerful, a wunerful, a wunerful". You folks do remember him don't you?.................:D

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Lawrence Welk?:p can you say Geritol
    a one an, a two, and a......

BankShot likes this.
  5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Geesh, Bankshot I really enjoyed reading the comments/opinions of the other forum members.:rolleyes: It sure beat zapping spammer posts. :eek:

Fitzjohnfan, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Well now, Paythebill's two posts above have made me feel a tad mo betta. Love the mention of Geritol although I am hopefully still a few weeks or months away from using it....:rolleyes: He has a point about this discussion being a nice change of pace from zapping spammers but I just hope if it doesn't go any further and turn into a pissing contest, etc. Speaking of spammers most all recent spammers have been evicted really fast and that deserves a big "hats off" to those handing out the eviction notices................:D

BankShot.................(aka TerryP

#26 BankShot, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Paythebill likes this.
  7. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

If greed is the sole reason for current prices, why wasn’t gas $6.00 a gallon all along? Did all the oil giants get together in a secret meeting and decide now was the time? Fact is oil is a commodity that has huge price swings because demand is very inelastic. That means small changes in supply creates huge swings in price. Should supplies decrease or demand increase the price moves dramatically in the short term because price has little ability change demand. If gas went to 50 cents people wouldn’t quadruple their driving. Conversely, at $10 a gallon you still have to go to work, power plants still need to produce electricity and freight still has to be shipped and trucked to stores.
    The Federal government has put roadblocks up in regards to production, transportation and refinement of oil. Some of those roadblocks are new, some have been in place for decades. But they all contribute to the inability to meet current demand. The war has shifted supply lines resulting in inefficiencies. Greed hardly comes into play.

Paythebill likes this.
  8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I too did not intend to start a ******* contest. My original should have stopped when I suggested that your opinion was related to RVing and your apologies were not required. This forum has been mostly light and easy going and I for one wish it to stay that way.

I vow to never get in to politics, religion or anything outside of enjoying RV / Camping life.

Darrell

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  9. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Darrell,
    Please stay active with spammer zapping:rolleyes:

10. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Folks we are closing this thread after waaaay to many politically charged comments. We can agree that fuel prices are painful but very little lese. RVers come in all shapes, sizes and political persuasions - let's stay away from politics please and focus on RVing. Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.