"A Haircut and a Laugh".... NOT SPAM!!!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jun 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting. One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week’. The florist was pleased and very surprised as he left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door. Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.’ The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a politician came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.’ The politician was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen politicians lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it. As Ronald Reagan said: "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”

Nothing meant here other than a laugh or two. So please, don't nobody get political here on me, just have a second cup and a good morning laugh......:D Oh, and keep the Spammers at bay...............

BankShot................(aka Terry)

2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thank you, Bankshot…. You made my day:)

mdcamping likes this.
  3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I liked that joke, made me smile, Thanks

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Ok, I thought for sure Bankshot would start something with his joke. I really thought others in the forum would try and top his post. So, I will get it a try..... here goes:rolleyes:

There once was a man from Nantucket:eek:

(No, it's not what you think read on):oops:

Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
    But his daughter, named Nan,
    Ran away with a man
    And as for the bucket, Nantucket.
    Pa followed the pair to Pawtucket,

The man and the girl with the bucket;
    And he said to the man,
    He was welcome to Nan,
    But as for the bucket, Pawtucket.

Then the pair followed Pa to Manhasset,
    Where he still held the cash as an asset;
    But Nan and the man
    Stole the money and ran,
    And as for the bucket, Manhasset

NYDutch likes this.
  5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

So sorry Ron, but i simply cannot give you a "like" on this one. Read it twice and still can't figure out who's holding the bucket or the cash.............:rolleyes: Do try again as I know you can do mo betta....:D

Keep on Keeping on, Terry...............(aka BankSHot)

8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

There once was a man from Nantucket[​IMG]
    Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
    But his daughter, named Nan,
    Ran away with a man
    And as for the bucket, Nantucket. And as for the bucket, Nan took It.
    Pa followed the pair to Pawtucket,

The man and the girl with the bucket;
    And he said to the man,
    He was welcome to Nan,
    But as for the bucket, Pawtucket. But as for the bucket, Pa took it.

Then the pair followed Pa to Manhasset,
    Where he still held the cash as an asset;
    But Nan and the man
    Stole the money and ran,
    And as for the bucket, Manhasset And as for the bucket, Man has it.

Darrell

9. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Darrell……spot on…lol:)

10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Darrell I did actually "get it", just messing with Ron a bit but thanks for the input and pointers. Some of us Calfornicans (misspelled on purpose) ain't as dumb as many folks think we are. I believe at last check the average IQ out here is around 37 but our all time high was 46 at one time.....o_O:cool:

Gotta have fun, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I saw your emoticons and kind of figured you got it. I waited for either one of you to jump in with a retort.....neither on of ya did. :) So out of kindness, for anyone else that didn't understand the "snobbish" New England lingo, I thought I would give it an explain. Please, I mean no offense to any New Englanders!! But your accent is.........different though! :)

Darrell

12. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I was always a tad suspicious about that show but being younger back then simply didn't know why. And now thanks to Ron, I know the whole story. Good one Ron, wonder what the network was thinking by having the only townsperson on the show that wasn't married be a drunk......:rolleyes: Have to say tho that even at that it was still an enjoyable show and way more funny than the crap being put on the air nowadays. Just my opinion of course, others may feel otherwise...................o_O.

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  14. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

05 01 Le Petit Champlain Gift Shop T Shirt 05 2022.JPG 05 02 Le Petit Champlain Gift Shop T Shirt 05 2022.JPG So, not a joke but I saw a couple of T shirts in a Quebec City gift shop that made me chuckle. But they are related to Camping in Canada. I'm sorry if the images may offend you. They aren't really in good taste but what the hay, some of you may get a chuckle.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  15. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Darrell,
    The t-shirts are great, not offensive at all…:)

16. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

LOVE IT!!! And boy have we humans allowed that to happen in so many areas.....:eek:
    Good one Ron. Terry................(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Greetings all.

Just a quick note to let you all know that I am taking a hiatus from the forum. Sadly, it seems there are a lot more spam posts and on topic posts hardly exist anymore. You may know, or not, that we are travelling 100% thus we do not have "unlimited" data. We pay for what we use thus I am wasting my money by stopping by to see if there is anything valid here.

Darrell

19. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Darrell,
    Sorry to see you go. We are going to miss the input you provide when topics of substance exist. Enjoy the traveling and please check in from time to time. Hopefully we can rid the forum of spammers and get back to providing informative topics.
    Stay safe and well,,,,,,
    Ron

20. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Darrell...........I too am sad to see you leaving the forum but in saying that can fully understand what you have said about why have made this decision. Please don't be a stranger and do check in with us as often as you can and feel you want to. Ron (paythebill) and I are currently on a private conversation regarding this spam crap and sharing some ideas as to what can/might be done to put a stop to them. I'll be more that happy to copy what I mentioned to him to you in a private message also if you care to have it? Let me know. These spam posts are upsetting not only to us few who call ourselves the spambusters, but also to other regular and new members who these damn spam posts affect. This is not what any of us have signed on for. There must be a way to stop this and turn this forum back to what it has been in the past. I for one am getting a tad tired of seeing them almost daily now. I believe the Admins are working to try get rid of them also but as been said, this is not an easy thing to do. Nuf said, again sorry to see you bow out but hope it will only be for a short time. Travel safe, be well in all regards...........

All the best, Terry................(aka BankShot)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.