1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Also check tge age of the tires. If they are over 7 years old, they need to be replaced. Common problem witth RVs is that they age out before they wear out.

Paythebill likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Fitz - - - Speaking of 7 year old tires I just took the motorhome (aka the Beast) in to tire shop this morning to have four new rear tires installed. The old one had plenty of tread left but are almost 7-1/2 years of age so with an upcoming trip in October there was no way I was going out on the road with tires that old on it. Just asking for trouble. I am going with Cooper Roadmasters this time around, had Toyos on last time around. Toyo is a good tire but I managed to swing a really sweet deal on the Coopers and even got a discount on the "bags-o-balancing-beans" as that's all I use anymore. Anyway, we are sure looking forward to getting back out again after being parked for 11 months. Felt so good to drive it up to the tire shop I almost kept going..........:D

Travel Safe and be safe, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Rollin Ollens and Paythebill like this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Hi Banks! Glad you got your new tires, and can get back on the road.

Can i confess a dirty little secret? A few years ago, i was on a very tight budget, and tires were not included in that budet. I had Michline tires on my motorhome, and the date codes slowly creeped up to over 10 years. I never took any trips on those tires more than 200 miles from my home, and i religously covered them and checked pressures before moving it anywhere, but i would never do that again.

I have an unscientific and unfounded belief that the Michlines last longer than standard truck tires, so the PrineX tires i currently have wont stay on my rig past 7 years.

Regards,
    Chris g.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. wbrigham

wbrigham
    Expand Collapse

Planning our first multi-week, higher mile camping trips. Travel trailer is three and half years old and has the original Castle-Rock tires. No wear issues but age/ reputation is leading me to replace them before our January trip.

What brand tires do you recommend? Our trailer is 22 feet and about 4200lbs loaded for travel. Dual axle. I try to drive about 65 mph but may exceed that for stretches. I live in the SE and anticipate some hot traveling days but no snow.

Thanks in advance.

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum wbrigham!

I use the Good Year Endurance ST Tires. They are an above average tire, mine have a N speed rating

Mike

#65 mdcamping, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    Paythebill likes this.
  6. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I would have to agree with mdcamping I replaced my original tires 2 years ago with Goodyear Endurance tires and I love them. Since they were put on I have never even had to top up the air pressure in the spring after sitting all winter.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I run the same Goodyear Endurance tires.... IMO great tires