USA May 2022 booked and organized

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by The5goodwins, Nov 24, 2022.

1. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Whilst I am very concerned about our good friend @BankShot maybe this post might flush him out.

It begins with the first holiday for my wife and myself without of 3 amazing kids,

May 2 - Brisbane to Dallas - Fort Worth 7 nights between DFW and Austin
    May 9 - DFW to Nashville - 5 nights in Nashville with a day trip to lynchburg
    May 14 - Nashville to Denver - Drive through Casper Wyoming to Billings Montana to stay with family
    May 19 - West Yellowstone for 3 nights then drive to Salt Lake City
    May 22 - Salt Lake City to Los Angeles
    May 22 - California drive including Reagan Library and a coastal drive
    May 24 - LAX to Brisbane

Any ideas or advice from the forum for places to visit will be appreciated.

Guys my inquiries to date haven't had any luck contacting @BankShot but Im still looking.

@Rollin Ollens @Paythebill. @Fitzjohnfan @Texasrvers

NYDutch and mdcamping like this.
  2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Is the trip in May of 2022 or May of 2023? Looks like you have planned an awesome trip. :)

The5goodwins and mdcamping like this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hey Jason that trip looks awsome! Enjoy & don't forget to post back on how the trip went, maybe a pic or 2 :cool:

I would love to see Terry back on the boards again, maybe this thread will help :)

Mike

The5goodwins, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  4. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Sorry @NYDutch didnt mean to forget you mate

NYDutch likes this.
  5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

looks like you'll be driving through Denver, just as we are loading up our motorhome to head the opposite direction. if you have a few hours in the Denver area, head west a few miles to Golden, and check out Buffalo Bills Grave and museum.

https://www.buffalobill.org/Plan_a_Visit_to_the_Buffalo_Bill_Museum/index.html

this will give you a great view of the city and a little history of Buffalo Bill if you have more time, take a tour of the Coors brewery,

https://www.visitgolden.com/things-...our/?view=list&sort=qualityScore&bounds=false

and take a walk through Golden. several good brewpubs there.

have a good trip,
    chris g.

The5goodwins likes this.
  6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I wouldn't be a good native Texan if I didn't pitch going to San Antonio to see the Alamo (and the other missions) and the Riverwalk. It's only a little farther south than Austin. I would also suggest avoiding I-35. There is lots of construction with 18-wheelers whizzing by. Take a look at Highway 281, a little to the west of I-35. It will be a little slower travel because it goes through small towns with traffic lights, but the towns have interesting local shops and the scenery is nice; although May will be a little late to see our glorious Bluebonnets. There's so much to do in the state; you just won't have time for it all.

The5goodwins likes this.
  7. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Thanks @Texasrvers
    we actually prefer to drive more local roads so you can actually see the towns and stop in some of them so that's awesome advice. San Antonio is still on the books but we have also going to Lockhart, Gruene and New Braunfels so are trying to not pack too much in.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

New Braunfels and Gruene (pronounced green, in case you didn't know) are good choices. They are right next to each other. But I'm not familiar with Franklin. What's there?

The5goodwins likes this.
  9. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking of Lockhart Texas and their BBQ Franklin is a BBQ restaurant in Austin that’s in our list like Valentina’s for Mexican.

also just booked our $10USD tickets for a Texas Rangers game on May 3 2023. Not a huge baseball fan but looking forward to the experience. Atmosphere and an evening out at Texas live.

We have booked at an Arlington hotel about 500metres from the Parks at Arlington mall.

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Wonderful BBQ in Lockhart, but I've never eaten at Franklin's. There's just too many great restaurants in Austin and so little time. When you said Franklin, I thought you might have meant Fredericksburg because it is also a great town for shopping, and if you are interested in US history it is the home of the Chester Nimitz WWII, War in the Pacific museum. Its displays and reenactments are top notch. But again, I know you will not have time to see everything, and you have made some excellent choices already.

The5goodwins likes this.