How for do you travel in one day?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Travelinbandman, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Jo Hab

Jo Hab
    Expand Collapse

I think 5-6 hours driving a day is optimal time. Honestly, I never count. But, once I had to drive 12 hours. Not the best experience.

2. Hotrod27

Hotrod27
    Expand Collapse

on a long trip , we generally drive 500 miles on a good day , 8 to 10 hours of day light , i do not like to drive at night, too many things to dodge and in a 40 ft MH towing a pickup is not that agile , i drive 55 and enjoy the scenery

mdcamping likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thats always been an issue with me as I avoid the night driving when I can

Mike

4. Hareles

Hareles
    Expand Collapse

I often travel by car and the distance I can travel in a day depends on many factors, such as road conditions, driving speed, and availability of rest breaks. However, if you want to speed up your trip and are looking for a convenient way to get to the airport, I recommend using a shuttle service to save you time.

5. Hotrod27

Hotrod27
    Expand Collapse

it basically comes down to your requirements , if you have 2 weeks to getterdun , then a gangbuster approach may be needed , i do not like to drive in the dark , so that is my limitation , when i was young , i was more in a rush , Calgary, Alberta to L.A. took 37 hours , about 1700 miles , with a 2 hr nap in Pocatello , my last trip . Hinton, Alberta to Yuma, Az. 2300 miles took 4 days , with 4 hotel rooms , when we take the MH to Arizona , it takes 5 days , same 2300 miles , rest stops , Cabelas or truck/RV stops , meals by the wife at 55 mph , and when we get there we can sit outside and BBQ and enjoy our holiday , which generally lasts for 4 months . It comes down to what you need to do , the 333 days dont work for me to get to the main destination , after we get there a lot of our plans take us 3-4 hours to get there and we can leave late and arrive in plenty of time to set up and make a good meal , we have a set time allowed in the USA , of 120 days and have to plan around that to get home

6. campingantsweetrolls

campingantsweetrolls
    Expand Collapse

Sounds so cool! I usually try to keep it to about 350 miles a day when I'm on a long road trip in the RV. Make sure you plan plenty of resting in between destinations so you can enjoy what each place has to offer. As far as campgrounds, check out RV Life Campgrounds - they have the scoop on all the good spots from people who have actually stayed there. Have a great trip!