Cannot Find Trio Buddy Sites

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by SSledz, Jan 19, 2023.

1. SSledz

SSledz
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know of any campgrounds in the Northeast down to Virginia that have Trio buddy sites. I cannot seem to find any in the North/central east coast. I was only able to find one in DE which is always booked! Any help would be appreciated.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/connecticut/bristol/lake-compounce-campground-249411

Lake Compounce campground in Ct has pull through island sites where the RVs face each other, if you add the next Island over that would add up to four total sites with in very close distance to each other.

Thats the only park I recall that might be close to what you are looking for. Maybe another member will post in with some help

Mike

SSledz and Paythebill like this.
  3. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

I think such sites will be a rare find. Parks would shy away from them for a couple of reasons. First, they would be very undesirable if the park couldn’t fill them with groups traveling together and had to put unrelated parties in them. Those RVs would be sharing yards and facing each other eliminating the already small amount of privacy you get in most parks.
    Secondly, a park would likely be concerned with what they would be signing up for. What would that group need buddy sites for that couldn’t also be achieved with just normal sites side by side? Would those activities have a negative effect on all the other guests? I know we would have felt such a request might very well be a tip off that maybe that was business we were better off letting go elsewhere.

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

State parks and some national parks are more likely to have "group sites" that will allow multiple units to be parked together. if you are self contained, also check out BLM land and forest service land that might have open areas to park together.

SSledz and mdcamping like this.
  5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Any time we've wanted three sites together, we've either taken three adjacent sites or two adjacent and one directly across the road. That let us all get together for group activities on one site while giving each of us some privacy at other times.

SSledz and mdcamping like this.
  6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Good idea Chris, I had forgotten about the group sites or safari fields, I remember seeing them at private parks and some COE's.

Mike

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I moved this thread as it is a better fit for here