KC to San Antonio

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Joe Br, Mar 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Br

Joe Br
    Expand Collapse

We are planning a trip in our Motorhome from KC to San Antonio and back. The first day we want to drive to just short of or just beyond Oklahoma City for a one night stay. We then want to stay close to Plano TX for 2 or 3 nights, and then on to San Antonio for 3 nights before returning to KC. What are some highly recommended RV parks in these locations? No need for pools, playgrounds, etc. Have a dog, but that is the only out of ordinary need for a RV park for us. We have a 30 foot motorhome and tow a small vehicle behind it.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We have friends in Plano that we visit, and frankly, we have not found a park very close to there that we want to stay in. Our last visit in 2019 (I think) we stayed at Shady Creek RV Park. As reported in the reviews it is mostly permanent residents, but it was clean and quiet and suited our needs just fine. Newer reviews give it good ratings, but they also mention a sister park that we did not see. It may have opened since our last visit, but you should look into it also. I noticed we have another park near Plano named Countryview RV Park that has received all excellent reviews (7). We have not stayed there, but it sounds like it might be worth checking out..

We've never stayed at a San Antonio park, but check these out:

Travelers World RV Resort is the closest to downtown and adjacent to the San Antonio River and bike trail.

The San Antonio / Alamo KOA is also close to downtown.

Sun Outdoors San Antonio West and Admiralty RV Resort are both fairly near Sea World and Fiesta Texas.

There are several parks in outlying towns such as Boerne and New Braunfels that would be about a 30-45 min drive to downtown SA, and a little farther up Hwy 281 check out Spring Branch RV Park.

Sorry I can't help with KC, but I hope the parks I named will give you good choices when you are in Texas..

3. Joe Br

Joe Br
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for this information. I will check out the places you have referenced. This is very helpful. God Bless.

4. honoredjaded

honoredjaded
    Expand Collapse

Countryview RV Park is worth a try. Very good

5. VictoriaJensen

VictoriaJensen
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for sharing the information.

6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member