Park Permanently Closed

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rv4fun, Jan 11, 2022.

1. rv4fun

rv4fun
    Expand Collapse

How can I report a park permanently closed?
    The reports I have from friends that recently drove by say that Florida City has permanently closed the Florida City Campsite and RV Park. My friends tell me everything has been removed from the park and no RVs are left. The city has been wanting to close the park for sometime and it sounds like they finally did. The plans I heard are that it's going to be redeveloped into a condo project.
    In recent years, the park became a Hooverville for many down on their luck living in dilapidated RVs with campsites littered with trash. The location is a great one and it's a shame the city hasn't maintained the park. I'm sure they acquired the park as a gift from the previous owner to be used forevermore as an RV park but the city must have found a loophole and used it to close it down and repurpose the ground.

I took the attached picture in March of 2021. There was some legal wrangling after the sign was posted but the city finally prevailed, moved everyone out and closed the park down.

Attached Files:

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You just did. Thanks. But next time, the better way is to send a message to the Help Desk by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of each webpage.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. cadmium

cadmium
    Expand Collapse

If you want to report a park that has permanently closed, you can contact the appropriate government agency or department responsible for overseeing parks in the area.

In this case, you could contact the city government of Florida City and inquire about the closure of the Florida City Campsite and RV Park. You can visit the city's official website to find contact information for the relevant department or agency, such as the parks and recreation department or the department of planning and development.

You can also check if there are any online forums or websites that list closed parks, such as Campendium or RV Park Reviews. You can submit a review or comment on these sites to inform others that the park has permanently closed.

Lastly, if you are concerned about the park being repurposed for a condo project, you may want to contact your local government representative or a community organization to voice your concerns and see if there is any action you can take to prevent the development from moving forward.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

you DO know that you are already on the site called RV Park Reviews? its not been called that for a while, but this is the same site.

5. Ray Comfort

Ray Comfort
    Expand Collapse

6. Ray Comfort

Ray Comfort
    Expand Collapse

And well it should. Florida City is a violent and dangerous place. Wasn't always like that.