RV Parks Southern Florida - Feb 2024

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by fritzfellmann, Mar 14, 2023.

1. fritzfellmann

fritzfellmann
    Expand Collapse

Hello

My name is Fritz - i am from switzerland.

Me and my family wanting to have a RV-Trip in Southern Florida from Feb 3th to Feb 17th.

Even its still a long time to go - i have seen almost all Campgrounds are already sold out, especially
    Key West.

Are we already too late to book or do have somebody any hints how to get a campground in KeyWest.

Thank you Fritz

Paythebill likes this.
  2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hello Fritz and welcome to the forum.

The RV-trip you are planning in February 2024 is an excellent time of year to visit Florida and the Keys. February is usually cool for Florida standards, but warm for Switzerland standards ;)
    The time of year you have selected is prime time high season for snowbirds coming from Canada and the northern states to escape the cold snowy northern weather.
    Campgrounds of all types are usually booked, in some cases, years in advance. If you have not snagged a campsite by now you maybe be completely out of luck. However, there are always cancellations that suddenly appear. Closely monitoring the campgrounds online reservation systems for open sites may make it worth your wild. Good luck and be prepare to paid top dollar for a site that may become available in the timeframe you are looking for.

Ron

#2 Paythebill, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    The5goodwins likes this.
  3. honoredjaded

honoredjaded
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much!

4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

honoredjaded,
    Why the thank you? not sure I understand the reason.