Traveling through Canada

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by LadyBarber, May 18, 2023.

1. LadyBarber

LadyBarber
    Expand Collapse

Good morning everyone ! Brand new here :) I am planning a trip to Munising Michigan . I live in up-state New York. Goggle Maps has me going through Niagara Falls, then picking up Routes 400, 403, 402 in Canada. So many questions ! My biggest concern is finding a place to sleep safe at night. I read that you can not over night in parking lots. I do belong to Harvest Host but finding it difficult to look and find host. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am towing a 21 ft. Little Guy Max.

2. LadyBarber

LadyBarber
    Expand Collapse

Thank you...I read that you cannot over night at rest stops in Canada. My problem so far is finding campgrounds and RV parks.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The best way to find campgrounds along your route is to go to our Home page at https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/. The default map is for the US. If you want campgrounds in Canada, click on the Canadian map. Click on a state or province and a list of towns will be displayed on the left side of the page. Click on the names of towns along your route and the system will display all the RV parks and campgrounds that we have listed in and near that town.

One step better is to sign up for our routing program called RV LIFE Trip Wizard. There is a charge for this service, but there is also a free trial. Go to https://tripwizard.rvlife.com/ to learn more about the program.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

The Flying J near London, On just off the 401 has 22 RV parking spaces. Not the quietest place to spend the night, but not too bad either.

5. Grizzly Valley Bear

Grizzly Valley Bear
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I grew up in southern Ontario. I would use the Rv Life Trip Wizard just as @Texasrvers wrote above. Your trip is only 3-4 hours to get through. If you are not in a hurry, I would stay off the 400 series highways. Those are like the limited access interstates like i75. Take the county roads, they are paved, great views, lots to see and do along the way, more access to RV parks and camp grounds too. That will take you most of the day or a couple days depending how much you stop. Use the Trip Wizard and RV Life Campground Reviews to figure out best places to stay. When you cross at Niagara Falls you are driving through some very beautiful country with fruit orchards, wineries and vegetable farms, lot of micro breweries and little niche stuff to check out. Stay rural if you can, people are much nicer, friendlier and it is much safer than the cities (it is the same as in the USA). I'm not going to recommend any camp grounds as I have not stayed in one down there in over 8 years.
    I wish you all the best and safe travels.

Paythebill likes this.