This was A Discussion 13 Years ago

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by PopeyesTravelnSouth, May 30, 2023.

1. PopeyesTravelnSouth

PopeyesTravelnSouth
    Expand Collapse

I have a very well behaved pot bellied piggy almost 9 yrs indoors except potty breaks ,with all his updated shots ,hoofs shaved ,he poops outside I pick up just like my puppy .He's neutered ,has his own pool ,digs 1 hole when it's muddy .doesn't smell very clean .selling my ranch home in New England, were buying a traveling trailer to stay at a Koa or campsite no restriction on domestic pot bellied pigs nor miniature horses ,,is there such a place while we are searching for our new home in North Florida?

2. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Not going to be welcomed everywhere for sure. At one of our parks we made the mistake of taking a guest with a potbelly pig. Went over the rules very carefully. They decided to erect a fenced area under the cover of darkness even though that was specifically forbidden. That morning all the sod in the site was torn up and replaced with a few holes. From that day forward “No farm animals” was a hard fast rule. Best to decide where you want to be and start calling.

weighit, mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yup, because we travel with dogs, If I recall I haven't come across a pet policy yet that refers to anything other than dogs & cats. As mentioned I'm sure there's parks out there but this comes down to doing research and making phone calls. My gut feeling would be to look for the smaller off the beaten path type parks

Mike

Paythebill likes this.