Florida Koas

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Bud in Florida, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

I have some gift certificates from KOA, that I would like to spend in Florida. Could anyone suggest nice KOAs in Fl. I have been to the one in Starke and it was nice, but I would like something near the beach or on some lake or water. Thanks

2. Dina

Dina
    Expand Collapse

We have been to:
    Aligator Point-closed now? Medium park with outstanding location.
    St Augustine Beach:small sites but lots of washrooms/showers and nice and close to lots of beaches.
    Titusville-we were not impressed.
    Kissimmee:the extreme high end of camping. Beautiful sites, unbelievable washrooms, great service. Don't think there's a beach nearby-Disney-but you can walk to a donut shop, pancake place and Sam's.
    Orlando Fort Summit: nice place but again, I don't think it was near a beach.
    Hope this helps.

3. catman2130093

catman2130093
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dina @ Jul 4 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]7574[/snapback]

We have been to:
    Aligator Point-closed now? Medium park with outstanding location.
    St Augustine Beach:small sites but lots of washrooms/showers and nice and close to lots of beaches.
    Titusville-we were not impressed.
    Kissimmee:the extreme high end of camping. Beautiful sites, unbelievable washrooms, great service. Don't think there's a beach nearby-Disney-but you can walk to a donut shop, pancake place and Sam's.
    Orlando Fort Summit: nice place but again, I don't think it was near a beach.
    Hope this helps.

Alligator Point has been closed for a few years now...owner sold it for condo development, and it hasn't happened yet. Shame.

4. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

Okeechobee KOA is very nice. Expensive in season, but you can bike to the lake and the campground has a nice little golf course.

5. mikelevitt

mikelevitt
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bud in Florida @ Jul 3 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]7567[/snapback]

I have some gift certificates from KOA, that I would like to spend in Florida. Could anyone suggest nice KOAs in Fl. I have been to the one in Starke and it was nice, but I would like something near the beach or on some lake or water. Thanks

If you like the keys, the park on Sugarloaf key is great. On the water with a nice beach and pool, and about 15 miles from key West. Expensive, but it's the location.