5th Wheel Layouts

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by meatwagon45, Jul 2, 2010.

1. meatwagon45

meatwagon45
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if anyone knew of a manufacturer that puts the living room/dining area in the upper portion of their 5th wheel? I saw one on eBay a few years ago and really liked it but have yet to see another. (would have bought it but was a little cash shy). My wifes biggest complaint about all the 5th wheels we have seen is having to go through the bathroom to get to the bedroom or having the bathroom in the bedroom. (we have 2 young kids).

Thanks -Rob

2. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

I saw a couple at a few RV shows. I just can't remember the names. If one comes to me I will post it up here.
    Might try Montana or Keystone.
    I just googled front living room 5 th wheel trailers. The two manufactures above did make them. I don't know about now. Wilderness made one in 2004. Fleet wood I think is gone under.

3. 2fulltimers

2fulltimers
    Expand Collapse

Our Montana 5th wheel has a rear living room (love the big window) and also a fully enclosed bathroom seperate from the bedroom. Keep looking and you can find everything you want in a trairler.

4. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Our Jayco Designer Series Fifth Wheel has a separate bathroom (toilet, sink, shower) that has doors both to the bedroom and the hallway. We went for this one so that any guests sleeping on the hide-a-bed have access to the bathroom without wandering through the bedroom. Really works out well. Now if we can just work it out that everyone doesn't have to "go" at the same time....

5. edcornflake

edcornflake
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(meatwagon45 @ Jul 2 2010, 12:16 PM) [snapback]22803[/snapback]

I was wondering if anyone knew of a manufacturer that puts the living room/dining area in the upper portion of their 5th wheel? I saw one on eBay a few years ago and really liked it but have yet to see another. (would have bought it but was a little cash shy). My wifes biggest complaint about all the 5th wheels we have seen is having to go through the bathroom to get to the bedroom or having the bathroom in the bedroom. (we have 2 young kids).

Thanks -Rob

Keystone has a ton of fifth wheel floorplans that don't require you to go through the bathroom. We have a Cougar High Country where the bathroom is its own entity, opens onto the hall and bedroom (as mentioned above). I haven't seen a ton of models with the bedroom in the back and no walkthrough.
    Montanna by keystone has 1 model with a back bedroom - the bathroom is between the bedroom and the rest of the rig: http://www.keystone-montana.com/index.php?...mp;model=3750FL - of course it's just over 39' and weighs in at 12201.

Cherokee by Forest River has one too: http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22...p;series=CherFW - looks like it's a self contained bathroom. 36' and 9,686 lb

6. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

Another Fleetwood product

7. Debhughes

Debhughes
    Expand Collapse

The Keystone Montana 2003 3655Fl has a upstairs front living room. As a matter of fact I found two for sale at rv superstore in Mocksville nc and another in Va. Hard to find but we are purchasing one because I can't walk to a bathroom at night that has stairs. Bedroom and bath are all one level and private.

8. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Debhughes @ Nov 28 2010, 12:55 PM) [snapback]24982[/snapback]

The Keystone Montana 2003 3655Fl has a upstairs front living room. As a matter of fact I found two for sale at rv superstore in Mocksville nc and another in Va. Hard to find but we are purchasing one because I can't walk to a bathroom at night that has stairs. Bedroom and bath are all one level and private.

I'm surprised that is an issue. I was under the impression that most 5ers have the bathroom on the upper level with the BR, so no steps. Ours certainly does.

9. EMDQueen

EMDQueen
    Expand Collapse

Montana by Keystone makes a 5er with a front living room. Saw one in El Paso, Texas and it was nice. If stairs were not a problem for my husband I would be on it! Really liked it!