Aftermarket High Performance For Cummins 6.7

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by MCRANE, Jun 16, 2011.

1. MCRANE

MCRANE
    Expand Collapse

Who has put a aftermarket programer on a 6.7 cummins? What kind of results did you get and was there any problems?

2. meandmydeere

meandmydeere
    Expand Collapse

I have an '08 4x4, 8' box, quad cab, 6 speed auto trans and I can't see why anyone needs more power. Maybe your hauling alot more than I do. I have a '03 27' Cougar 5th wheel that is supposed to weigh dry at 7900#. I figure 10,000 loaded. I also have a 2012 8801 Palomino truck camper that is supposed to weigh in at 2315 dry. I have no problem towing or carrying either. Last weekend I even pulled my 12' cargo trailer behind the truck camper with a 2000# Farmall Cub to a show and it didn't tow any different.

3. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

My son put one in his. He seems to like it. He also put dual exhaust and changed the intake or air filter. He keeps it on two most of the time.
    He's pulling a 32' Colorado 5ver. The truck doesn't know it's there. He has a 6 speed stick in it. I know he has to watch the exhaust temp, when he turns up the power. It can't get to hot. He can change the setting anytime he wants. I don't know the brand he bought, sorry.
    The truck did have plenty of power, when he first got it. He's a Toyota tec and likes to tinker. Boy's will be boys.