Arkansas State Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by k4campers, Apr 22, 2003.

1. k4campers

k4campers
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone visited either Mt. Magazine, Queen Wilhelmina or Lake Catherine state parks in Arkansas? I am hoping to visit in July and would apreciate an honest opinion.

Thanks. :)

2. joel shandalow

joel shandalow
    Expand Collapse

we've visited Queen wilhelmina twice and give it very high marks. The setting is beautiful, high up in the mountains. The facilities are clean and up to date. There is a small gauge railroad running around the park and plenty of woods for hiking ,birdwatching etc. The lodge is a short walk from the campsites and available for 3 meals dining. The campsites themselves are well finished and as I recall, paved. They back up to wooded areas but are themselves facing an access road. Great place we plan to return :D :D

3. Vickie Trogden

Vickie Trogden
    Expand Collapse

We have been to all Arkansas State Parks. Now if I can just remember them. Queen Wil is a really nice park and a beautiful drive getting to it. Lake Catherine is nice, but the lake is not clear like many lakes in Ar. Our site was by the lake, with shade and level. They have nice trails in the park if you like to hike, of course it may be alittle warm in July. Mt Magazine is a fairly new park, the sites are really nice. The mt is the highest point in Ar. There are also trails in and around the park, they have a really nice visitors center. Hope this helps

4. Guest

Expand Collapse

We have stayed at Queen Will, and loved it. The setting is beautiful and there is excellent hiking. Our kids walked down to a waterfall with us. At the time they were 11 and 13. We highly recommend this place. :)