Campground In New Mexico

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by MelindaK, Apr 16, 2012.

1. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

I usually stay at the KOA in Santa Fe, New Mexico briefly as a stop over, but noticed when fly fishing the Pecos River above Pecos some campgrounds. Most of those are BLM with no water and electric. Does anyone know of a campground in that area with water and electric that is not a parking lot? The Pecos area is beautiful and would like to find something with water and electric that is big enough for 33 ft travel trailer for a week plus stay.

I have also stayed at Little Creele in Chama, but would like something where the camp site is a little more private to give you an idea of what I am looking for in a campground.

You all help me on my trip to the east last year so I have great expectations that you all will have an answer for me :)

Melinda

2. fpullanosr

fpullanosr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MelindaK @ Apr 16 2012, 06:24 PM) [snapback]29278[/snapback]

I usually stay at the KOA in Santa Fe, New Mexico briefly as a stop over, but noticed when fly fishing the Pecos River above Pecos some campgrounds. Most of those are BLM with no water and electric. Does anyone know of a campground in that area with water and electric that is not a parking lot? The Pecos area is beautiful and would like to find something with water and electric that is big enough for 33 ft travel trailer for a week plus stay.

I have also stayed at Little Creele in Chama, but would like something where the camp site is a little more private to give you an idea of what I am looking for in a campground.

You all help me on my trip to the east last year so I have great expectations that you all will have an answer for me :)

Melinda

I only know of the following parks, vellenuva State Park,
    Rancheros De Santa Fe, Los Campos De Santa fe.

Hope that helps a little

3. Citoyen Francais et loueur de RV

QUOTE(MelindaK @ Apr 16 2012, 04:24 PM) [snapback]29278[/snapback]

Melinda

Hello Melinda,
    sorry I dont speak very well. A list of campground New Mexico, Here:
    http://blogs.crespel.me/usa2011/annexes/campgrounds/
    Best regards. Jean- FRANCE.

4. Traveling man

Traveling man
    Expand Collapse

The prior response is correct. Outside of the free campgrounds with no hookups, such as the Terrero Campground with a few tight RV spots, your choices are either Santa Fe or Villanueva State Park. The KOA is the closest, as it is the furthest out from Santa Fe.

It appears there used to be a small RV park there, which is closed.

I was up there about a month ago, as it was the anniversary of a major NM Civil war battle, so lots of activities, people in Civil War uniforms demonstrating cannons, muskets etc. I would have stayed longer if the town had an RV park.