Exciting changes coming!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody!
    Just wanted to give everybody an update on some changes that we are making to RV Park Reviews. We are currently working on a more efficient review submitting system that will automate the review process and take less time on our part to post the reviews. We also have plans to add the Canadian Provinces as well to this system and possibly in the future to add "clickable" maps to find campgrounds. As with any software changes that are made there may be a learning curve, but we are hoping that things will go smoothly, so be patient when we finally do implement the changes. We appreciate all your support for RV Park Reviews and are striving to make things even better! ;)

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Webmaster,

This will be great, more good things from RV Park Review. We are happy to see new changes and Canadian Provinces will be a big plus also. It all gets better and better for RV people. The map system would very nice.

Thanks for the great work you all do!

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Ditto to John Blue's comments. We all very much appreciate your commitment to this industry and the hard work you put in to help us. Thanks! :)

4. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the continuing effort to improving this site… it is a valuable tool to everyone! It is a shame more people don’t take advantage and contribute to it. Personally RV Park Reviews is the first site I go to when planning a trip, and the last place I go on its completion! We look forward to the improved changes, and again Thank You…

RVman

5. Homer

Homer
    Expand Collapse

:D Thanks so much for all you have done for the RVer. Your website is with out equal to many of us. I for one am a constant referral agent for your site. Have a great New Year and to all RVers. Homer ;)

6. Mainecoons0

Mainecoons0
    Expand Collapse

This is a great site, we use it all the time and contribute to it as well. Please consider adding Mexico to it as there are many, many RVers, particularly from the SW who go there. Thanks!

Dan

7. mikey4the88

mikey4the88
    Expand Collapse

I think that it's a great idea.....I just found this site last week and I am in it everyday ....keep up the nice work

8. compokel

compokel
    Expand Collapse

Looking forward to the changes, especially the Canadian campgrounds! You guys do a super job as it is! Thank you!

9. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

We have turned on the ability to receive reviews for Canada, the provinces are listed below the states when you choose a state for a review. The ability to view the posted Canadian reviews may not be in place until May or June. I will add them to the drop-down on the main page in the next few days, but none of the maps are ready yet.

10. lipsey2

lipsey2
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: Hi just found you. Sure sounds like a really great asset you are providing to us RVers. I will certainly try to do my part in making this a valuable site. Looking forward to visiting often... Don

11. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

I am really looking forward to the clickable maps feature.

For example, if you were looking for a campground in Cincinnati, Ohio there might be only one listed, yet there is a nice state park in Bethel, which is just to the east.

Although reviews for it have been posted, you'd never think to look under Bethel if you weren't familir with the area.

Christopher

12. biggoomba

biggoomba
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I thought I would add a little feature request. You should consider a user gallery in which users could post some pictures of the campground they review and then allow them to link to the pictures in the review.

Its the whole 'Picture is worht 1000 words' type o thing. People like different things in a CG and sometimes looking at a photo would help a lot in the description.

I would like to see pictures to get an idea how far apart the campsites are from each other.

Just a suggestion. I always take lots of pictures of the camp grounds I go to because I had always intended to write a review of all the camp sites I visit and put them on line.

13. twins89

twins89
    Expand Collapse

Webmaster,

Great Job. I just want what ever changes y ou make to continue to keep out the friends and campground owners. I know that you can't make that 100% possible but one can usually tell by reading the review that it is someone close to the CG making that review. I know you must have a way of determining if real campers are doing the reviewing and this is the most important factor to us. Thanks.

14. AndersonFamily

AndersonFamily
    Expand Collapse

We also love your services! In fact, we've tried at least 6 campgrounds in the last 12 months based on reviews here! The most recent was Yellowstone Lake in Wisconsin - we never would have gone there but for a mention on this board - and we had a Great time!

I love the idea about including photographs. I,too, take photos of each CG and could include them in the review -- but it will really eat up your disk space on your servers.

I also love the idea about clicking on a portion of a State to find reviews of CG's near the click. That really would save time.

Thanks again for making this available!

Alfred

15. wandering palms

wandering palms
    Expand Collapse

I think that a nice feature would be some type of identifier attached to each post. That way when you find another poster who thinks along the same lines as you, you'll be able to pick parks that fit you better. Say you have camped at 5 parks that poster John#12 has reviewed and liked, then you can pretty much figure that you will like any park that he has liked. The wife and I are pretty middle of the road when it comes to parks, but we have some friends that would rate any park that's not a resort and $60.00 a night as thumbs down. We have also met people who think if you can let your dogs run loose, sit around the picnic table in your underwear and guzzle beer that it's a 10.
    This could either be a number assigned by you or a code name picked by the poster something other then their user name in case they want to remain anonymous.
    As far as I'm concerned it could be my user name, I'm willing to stand by any review that I post.

5 years of full timing and loving every minute of it.

16. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys:

Many campers and owners of larger vehicles LOVE this site; however there is no category for 45' owners or Prevost Bus owners. Those of us who have a vehicle this large are sometimes hampered by smaller, non accessible campgrounds (and that's o.k. too); however where we can fit in we need to know.

How about for a future feature.........you include a category for not just Motorhomes but "Prevost" or "45 Footers"?

I'll wager there are at least a couple thousand folks of large vehicles who frequent your site..............a lot.

Thanks

17. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

I think that including information as to whether a 45 footer would fit into a campround site, would be okay but in my opinion, if you include a section for, as you put it, not just motorhomes, but Prevost, it would become very exclusive to a particular group. The majority of us here have just a motorhome or travel trailer and would consider this site to be all inclusive. I don't know if any other rv'ers websites break it down into groups for certain types of coaches, as I don't frequent any other sites, but I do like the way that every category on this one caters to every member. I hope I did not offend you, as I am sure you did not mean to insignuate that owners of much more expensive vehicles should have their own categories - I was just pointing out that the beauty of this site is that we include everyone.

18. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

On the review form, there is a line that says "Big Rig (40' type) access?".

19. Rick M

Rick M
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 27 2004, 08:13 AM)

Hi everybody!
    Just wanted to give everybody an update on some changes that we are making to RV Park Reviews. We are currently working on a more efficient review submitting system that will automate the review process and take less time on our part to post the reviews. We also have plans to add the Canadian Provinces as well to this system and possibly in the future to add "clickable" maps to find campgrounds. As with any software changes that are made there may be a learning curve, but we are hoping that things will go smoothly, so be patient when we finally do implement the changes. We appreciate all your support for RV Park Reviews and are striving to make things even better! ;)
    [snapback]1668[/snapback]

Great Web Site!

One idea which people/campers might be rating CGs on is noise.
    Having traffic/trains wake you up in the middle of the night will detract from your mode and health.
    Waking up grouchy would give a low rating. :lol:

Maybe a rating for noise or restful sleep?

Just an idea.
    Rick

20. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a rating for noise or restful sleep?

Just an idea

It's a good one.